Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does this look funny to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Seishinkan, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Seishinkan

Seishinkan IncGamers Member

Does this look funny to anyone else?

I received this item recently and was about to use it when I noticed that it didn't seem right. Any opinions?

Bloodthief
    War Fork
    Two-Hand Damage: 24 to 61
    Durability: 25 of 28
    Required Dexterity: 95
    Required Strength: 80
    Required Level: 30
    Spear Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 49
    Fingerprint: 0xd4b75fef
    +10 to Strength
    +26 to Life
    +54% Enhanced Damage
    9% Life stolen per hit
    Required Level +5
    35% Chance of Open Wounds

2. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

A normal bloodthief has a required level of 17, but these of you was upgraded, so required level of war fork (25) + 5 of unique upgraded = required level 30. If that is what is bugging you, the item is normal.

3. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Is that the war fork you won in the poker game?

4. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

Huh? What happened with Qwal's spams about virus and apocalypse?

His three nonsensical spam posts were deleted, and he's taking a short break from the boards... - AE

5. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

Yeah quaws spam was interesting indeed. Obviously got him banned.

Cheers K

edit: AE beat me to it

6. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Yeah, I managed to see qaws outburst too.

Oh, and there certainly is something funny with the spear... who on earth would upgrade a Bloodthief!? :D

7. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Bloodthief has some pretty sweet mods on it - I always give one to my baby Act 2 mercs when they reach 17 and they use it until Battlebranch at 25.
    The only thing wrong with it is that as a Brandistock it does too little damage, so a War Fork upgrade isn't a bad idea at all.

Of course given how common they are I'd have held out for a nearer perfect one to upgrade (70% ed, 12% ll) but even so :)

8. Seishinkan

I've never upgraded any items. That level requirement threw me. Thanks, all, for the input.

9. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

unless i am mistaken you got that in one of my giveaways:) if so, i assure you that all the items in my giveaways are completely legit and self found. i upgrade loads of things. i had a merc using that for a while. i foget why i put it on giveaway now, probably found a better base one.

10. Seishinkan

I received it in a stash, but I don't know who the original owner was. There are lots of stashes floating around right now, too many for me to keep track of where they came from.

As I said, I have never upgraded an item so it really caught me by surprise when I went to give it to a lvl 19 merc and he couldn't equip it. Thought I'd run it by the experts here before I made any accusations as to it's legitimacy.

If it came from you, great... thanks again for all of the stashes that you have provided recently. I certainly did not intend to insinuate that you (or anyone else) was passing hacked items. I apologize if that's the way it came across.

edit: Re-reading my initial post does sound accusatory. Once again, I apologize. My first thought was "What the...?" I figured that it probably was just a case of my ignorance. Once again, the SPF was quick to enlighten me.

11. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Personally I use Hwannin's Justice (28) on my merc asap, and it remains useful until well into NM.

12. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I'm partial to Kelpie Snare at level 33 and I don't like to keep twinking new gear every five minutes :)

Actually to be honest it is mostly laziness that I don't ever use Hwanin's. I keep my sets and uniques in separate stashes and so I normally use all uniques just so I don't have to open the other one up :lol: For the same reason I often forget how useful some of the exceptional level set items are (like some of the Disciple and Orphans).

13. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

it's cool Seishinkan, no offence taken:) you should try upgrading some normal uniques, it is cheap and some are great! try darkglow..

i have a merc in hell using the three pieces of hwannins he can equip. he is doing well. am thinking of socketting the pieces so he can use them as end game equip.. shame he cant put a belt on though:(

14. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Bloodthief is a good weapon ... it's just that my D2 world is out of whack ever since I put Honor into an eth Lance. Level 27 requirement and ~ 120-440 damage. So, my act2 mercs use a low level weapon until they can use an ethereal Soul Harvest I found at ~ 22 and then once they hit level 28 they can put on the Honor Eth Lance.

The level 27 requirement of dex/str actually is too high for an act2 merc so the earliest I can use it is level 28 where my helm/armor combo dex/str bonuses kick in to make it useable. Still, an awesome weapon all the way 'til an Eth Bonehew or Reaper's Toll.

It's my version of Thrugg's War Axe and RTB's Great Maul.