Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does reduce poisen lenght stack?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Flamme, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. Flamme

    Flamme IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2008
    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    71
    Does reduce poisen lenght stack?

    Topic says it all really.

    If I have on 2 items wich reduce poisen lenght with 25%, will it reduce poisenlenght, by 25%, ca 44% or 50%?

    Also I know the last boss in act one does ****loads of poisendmg. Is it worth saving armor with less defense, but poisen resist/poisen lenght reduced in your stash, to swap it out on the last boss, or will the loss od defense cancell out the effect.
     
  2. jiansonz

    jiansonz IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    7,940
    Likes Received:
    834
    Trophy Points:
    323
    Re: Does reduce poisen lenght stack?

    I think it will reduce poison length by ca 44% in your example (i.e. taking off 25% of the remaining 75%)



    The other question is a lot more complex. Much depends on how you are going to fight this battle. The level difference between you and Andariel usually has a much bigger impact on her to-hit chances than your Defense does.

    On the other hand, you don´t really need any poison reduction either. You can drink antidotes pre-battle, boosting your posion resistance by 50%-units (and taking the max. you can have to 85%). I usually have one column of healing potions, one with antidotes and two with rejuvenation potions. I tend to take breaks in this fight quite often, to go to town to heal and buy more potions.

    If you get lucky and find a Resist Poison Shrine on your way to Andariel, use that in the fight. It reduces poison duration to 0, making Andariel a lot less scary.
     

Share This Page