Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does reduce poisen lenght stack?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Flamme, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Flamme

Flamme IncGamers Member

Does reduce poisen lenght stack?

Topic says it all really.

If I have on 2 items wich reduce poisen lenght with 25%, will it reduce poisenlenght, by 25%, ca 44% or 50%?

Also I know the last boss in act one does ****loads of poisendmg. Is it worth saving armor with less defense, but poisen resist/poisen lenght reduced in your stash, to swap it out on the last boss, or will the loss od defense cancell out the effect.

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Re: Does reduce poisen lenght stack?

I think it will reduce poison length by ca 44% in your example (i.e. taking off 25% of the remaining 75%)

The other question is a lot more complex. Much depends on how you are going to fight this battle. The level difference between you and Andariel usually has a much bigger impact on her to-hit chances than your Defense does.

On the other hand, you don´t really need any poison reduction either. You can drink antidotes pre-battle, boosting your posion resistance by 50%-units (and taking the max. you can have to 85%). I usually have one column of healing potions, one with antidotes and two with rejuvenation potions. I tend to take breaks in this fight quite often, to go to town to heal and buy more potions.

If you get lucky and find a Resist Poison Shrine on your way to Andariel, use that in the fight. It reduces poison duration to 0, making Andariel a lot less scary.