Does Polearm includes spears?

mxxerr

Diabloii.Net Member
Does Polearm includes spears?

Just found a ghost spear with 5 sockets. Can I use it to make a rune word like obedience?

Thanks.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Negative

mxxerr said:
Just found a ghost spear with 5 sockets. Can I use it to make a rune word like obedience?

Thanks.
Arreat Summit and DiabloII both list them as two different base item classes. If you've ever played a Barbarian or Amazon, you'll also notice the game treats them differently in more than just the 'weapon class' it states on the bottom of the items. Clubs, hammers and maces are also three different type of weapons with regards to runewords, so be very careful what you socket into so-called 'mace' class weapons.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Spears aren't polearms, so polearm runewords won't work with spears. However, act 2 mercs can use both polearms and spears, but no amazon spears.

Joch

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok is this gonna be like the "when's the new ladder"?
I see this question popping up more and more ;)

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Almost none of the new runewords work in spears :( Seems that blizzard forgot about that weapon class

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Spears aren't polearms, so polearm runewords won't work with spears. However, act 2 mercs can use both polearms and spears, but no amazon spears.
If I remember correctly, they can also use javelins :D

Omikron8 said:
Almost none of the new runewords work in spears Seems that blizzard forgot about that weapon class
It does seem that way, doesn't it. I mean, look at all the set spears...