DOes plus fire% damage add to Corpse Explosion?

sad

Diabloii.Net Member
DOes plus fire% damage add to Corpse Explosion?

Everyone knows that Corpse Explosion is a fire skill. I was wandering if fire facets increased the fire portion of the damage dealt. I mean, if it did, then that might be a whole new build in itself! Does anyone know if this is true? Also, does Fire Mastery (From Trangs) affect it?

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
sad said:
Everyone knows that Corpse Explosion is a fire skill. I was wandering if fire facets increased the fire portion of the damage dealt. I mean, if it did, then that might be a whole new build in itself! Does anyone know if this is true? Also, does Fire Mastery (From Trangs) affect it?
These are questions that have been brought up before (by myself once), and no, they do not. I did a single player test using fourty annis (muled over with atma) and full trangs set. I set the players to 8, and with the level 40+ fire mastery Corpse Explosion killed monsters at the same speed that it did when I removed a piece of trang-oul's set (so that fire mastery is not present).

I do believe that the -res portion on facets does help it though.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
Good god NC. How the heck did you get forty Annis?
A special item pack that was once released on this site for the 1.10 beta had an anni in it.

I simply muled over the anni fourty times without saving changes on the mule :)

sad

Diabloii.Net Member
Darn, Oh well, it's just wishful thinking i guess. Thanks for the message necrochild.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, don't write off -resist items and +damage stuff. Packing a bunch of facets a runeword with -resists could pack a punch if those effect CE.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
Well, don't write off -resist items and +damage stuff. Packing a bunch of facets a runeword with -resists could pack a punch if those effect CE.
The +% dmg works exactly the same way as fire mastery, in fact, it is additive to fire mastery, so I don't imagine that they'd work.

the -res portion would be quite useful, though, an Infinity Polarm on a merc would take care of that :D

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
We all know that conviction, lower resist, amp damage and decrepify work with corpse explosion, but -% enemy resist is a different thing.

The aforementioned skills are not directly attached to corpse explosion (or offensive spells in general); they are attached to the monster. -% resist doesn't do anything to the monster; it's connected to the spell more than it is to the monster.

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
I simply muled over the anni fourty times without saving changes on the mule :)
So just exactly how big is the radius of a level 76 corpse explosion? Don't tell me you didn't test the radius...

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
cotton said:
So just exactly how big is the radius of a level 76 corpse explosion? Don't tell me you didn't test the radius...
27.6 yards IIRC

Myrakh-2 said:
We all know that conviction, lower resist, amp damage and decrepify work with corpse explosion, but -% enemy resist is a different thing.

The aforementioned skills are not directly attached to corpse explosion (or offensive spells in general); they are attached to the monster. -% resist doesn't do anything to the monster; it's connected to the spell more than it is to the monster.
I was thinking about that, but I've read some post somewhere (did a few searches to no avail, for some reason the forum likes to filter out "CE") that it works. You could be right though, I just wish it were a bit easier to test such a thing, perhaps 17 (-5%) fire facets could be used. I'll look into this.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Gee wonder how CE damage would be like if a necro equipped a Hand Of Justice or Obedience weapon with some fire facets and his merc with Infinity...with slvl 15 lower resist hehe

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
batuchka said:
Gee wonder how CE damage would be like if a necro equipped a Hand Of Justice or Obedience weapon with some fire facets and his merc with Infinity...with slvl 15 lower resist hehe
Depends on the corpse used.