Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does office 2003 work on multiple computers?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Johnny, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Does office 2003 work on multiple computers?

Im helping a friend buy a laptop and he preffers and office package with it.

So I checked a newspapper add and found a good one. The seller can offer that the computer has office 2003 installed on the computer but he wont include any CDs. When going online will office 2003 cause a big fuss if someone else is running the same copy?

Also when buying a laptop. Are there any good programs to bring on a CD to the pickup spot to run on the computer to see if anything doesnt work properly?

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

AMIDiag http://www.amidiag.com/support/dl.cfm seems to be a nice hardware diagnostics program.

I would bring a CD/DVD/CD-R to make sure all that works, plus a usb drive to make sure those work. After that it is pretty safe to say everything works, USB ports get worn out the fastest and disk drives wear out from use.

I don't know about office.

3. skihard

skihard Banned

office has to be registered towork and that can only be done per your license limits, if it is fully installed you won't have any problems online or anything like that. Your problem will be when you do some things that want you to insert the original install disk. Not a common thing to do, but something I seem to do at least twice a year.

4. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Plus, if you ever need to reformat (which it seems odds are good that will happen sometime), you'd be SoL.

You also may want to be sure that thing can connect to the internet on the spot too. Common sense, I know... but sometimes it's easy to forget the obviousl

5. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx

That would probably be the easiest way to do it.

6. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Office 2003 can be registered to three computers, period. Its some stupid anti piracy thing thats pisses me off because I want to reformat my old computer but since I installed Office 03 on my sister's computer (which makes lucky number three), I'm stuck with a error filled computer because I don't wanna shelve out another $200 on Office when I only use WORD.

where was I going? oh yeah. If it is fully registered, you know it when you see it, because if it is not, you can't even save a file! ex. For WORD, The page will come up and you can type on the page but you can't save or really do anything.

7. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Why would you pay money for a computer and important software without getting install disks for the OS and apps? I don't understand that part of the Windows side of the fence.

8. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Just another reason I stopped at 98, that sort of thing is pure evil.

9. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

There is always open office.