Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does it ever end?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by xdhavoc, Feb 26, 2007.

1. xdhavoc

xdhavoc IncGamers Member

Does it ever end?

I posted yesterday about how I was frustrated by the community. Now I'm just plain fed up with people in general. If there are any mature D2 players that play frequently, please add me to your friends list in the game. My account name is xdhavoc.

Today I politely asked a necromancer to not summon in the baal games that Iwas running. He replied with "Shut up noob, these are saving your life." This, coming from a level 61 necromancer in a Hell baal game, kinda made me angry.

Later I found a 20 life small charm and was selling it in a game I created called "20Life scHere", or some variation of that. After about 30 seconds two people joined. One of the guys joined my game and sold a 20 life sc to the other guy and they both left. I HATE it when people join others' games and sell what that person is trying to sell. Eck, it just gets me going.

I run into these people all too often and it's driving me to the point where I only make passworded games, which can get boring.

2. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

good points made there. But I think you are too sensitive. The d2 bnet community is complete and utter crap. There will be tons of things that piss you off, but as time goes on, you learn to suck it up.

3. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

i tend 2 play with friends and people from this forum. i dont have the problem then...try getting 2 know some people from the forum they can be friendly and what realm do you play on

Edit: if you are on east i play under *zallu2

also on east they have a channel up....its op diabloii.net try there they are all trusted forum members

4. Ludacris

Ludacris Banned

Usually the most serious players and I think almost everybody here usually play in passworded games. I know I do. The only time I enter public games is for baalruns when nobody I know is hosting a private one.

5. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

hmm.. i almost never play in a party (with friends ofc i will)

also i dont trade in general. if i need to trade i do it in the trade forums or with friends

these 2 simple steps grants nice playing experience :thumbsup:

6. Lanceor

Lanceor IncGamers Member

I expect unfriendliness and lack of co-operation when I play in public games - that way I never feel let down. If there is a nice player or two in the game, then that's considered a bonus.

7. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

Totally :azn: !!

8. Rassler

Rassler IncGamers Member

What Realm do you play on and at what times? Ive noticed that the people I generally play with (some from these forums, some not) are all from the Oceania/Asia region and seem to be a lot friendlier than when I play with those in the USA regions (on weekends). No offence of course, it's just something I've noticed.

9. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

and then what you do is put restrictions on for the following game. and the lvl 61 can take his skellies to save someone else's life :grin:

10. architectofpain

architectofpain IncGamers Member

As a summoner it does get annoying when you genuinely are trying to help out, especially a lvl 90+ who actually have 40+ tanks. Typically I raise 10 skellies for meat shields and that's all. Keeps lag down and helps others.

If the summoner is actually good, then that's all they'll need to keep a run going and kill baal solo. Otherwise I agree, they become pretty useless and create lots of clutter.

For the trading part: Don't make pub games if that makes you upset. I join lots of those games just so I don't have to create my own. Make it in hell so you can mf while waiting. Or just stick it out.

11. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

you should have pk'd that necro...
    there is always buyers for 20 lifers.

12. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

Battle net is the dregs of the internet. You will find people that you honestly think would molest a baby rabbit while writing bad checks to a nun.

Find a community, like this one, get to know one or two people that have some history of not being a ****. Play with them a bit, and you may not find best friends, but you will find people of quality.

But, if you're going to play D2 online, you'll just have to harden yourself a bit. ALWAYS expect the other person is trying to screw you, will do whatever they can to mess up your game, and is lying to you. They would also molest your rabbit if they could get their hands on it.

Then you'll be all set to handle the place.

13. sgriffin

sgriffin IncGamers Member

Your post reminds me of last week I made a low level dueling game and put lvl restrictions on it like from 9-49. A barb came in and was huffy puffy that I the newb had put a level restriction on the game. I was like shut up I made the game strop crying...to which he was like make me so I killed him in two hits and he left. :::DDD

14. poroboszcz

poroboszcz IncGamers Member

"But they wont save yours if i hostile u, n4p" - would be the standard answer :grin:

Seriously, most games I play are public, and I never have any problems. You just need some patience and the right attitude.

15. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

It helps if you hear what people are actually saying when they talk. Like when this guy said that to you, what he really was saying is "I'm socially retarded and have no idea how to interact with others in a way that expresses mature thoughts and feelings". If you hear between the lines you end up just feeling sorry for them instead of feeling anger.
    This is because a good percentage of the people in my beloved country either have no desire, or no idea how to think and act. Just a bunch of people running around trying to be like everyone else. Kinda sad really. There's really only a handful of true jerks on bnet. Its just that everyone else is trying to be like them for whatever reason.

16. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

to the OP, if you play on US West, i'll look you up.

when i play my fishymancer in pub games, i'll try to keep the summons to 5 or 6, more if i'm Top 2 and actually doing most of the killing in the runs. if i'm not Top 2, i'll just sit back and provide helpful curses from behind the meatshield.

a lvl60 summonmancer talking smack like that .. you shoulda taught him a lesson ;)

17. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

LOL, I hate this as well, happens way too often.
    I usually insult them so hard that... uh oh :shocked:

Battlenet is a badmannered kindergarten.

18. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

haha . recently i rushed a guy thru hell till act4 he left the game. i pm him asking if he was coming bac due to lack , guess wad he replied ?

:'' face it, you're used like an old cond*m.''

how sad. if adding peep to frend list and able to see their game without needing them to add you, i think this kind of scams or unfriendly-ness could be reduced ? i don't know.. ha

19. dthseeker

dthseeker IncGamers Member

LOL that comment is hilarious though..

assume everyone around you in bnet is dumb and can't speak gramatically correct english until proven otherwise

20. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

good luck teleing back to thorne after hostile.. gives me alot of time to go to the entrance of wsc and stack all my minions there..

killed few cocky hammerdins this way (i was the host and was told not to summon..) :rolleyes:

16 skellies, 16 mages, 23 random revives, glay golem and might merc.. all hitting at the same time. its quite funny :thumbsup: