Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

does he have the right?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ZeppelinAngel, Feb 11, 2004.

1. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

does he have the right?

i just found out last night that seans (my ex) sisters husband (bleh!) pushed her into a wall a few days ago because he was mad at her, obviously this isn't right, when i was living up there i noticed that the way he treated melissa was strange, he gets angry very easily with her and just always seemed very snappy with her, so this doesn't really suprise me

now.. sean isn't violent on a day to day basis, but if he gets pushed far enough all that runs through his head is 'seek and destroy' heh, anyway, i suppose what i'm asking is this, do you think he has the right to step in using physical violence against his sisters husband? obviously he wants to protect his sister and teach her husband a thing or two, but i informed him that physical violence isn't always the best way to deal with things, even things like this o_O

and yes, sean could beat the complete crap out of his sisters husband, without any problem at all

2. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

i would say no, dont resort to violence... evil begets evil... if he uses violence, his bro-in-law wont get the point, and he will keep doing it... talk to the b-i-l first, and if that doesnt work and he does it again, get the authorities involved if it isnt stopped and it gets worse after the talk... thats my opinion.

3. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Personal opinion: I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if Sean beat the living hell out of the guy.

Professional opinion: No, violence is unacceptable no matter what the reason. We can't have people pounding the hell out of each other just because they feel they're justified. And if she or Sean can't handle it civily then the authorities should be called upon to handle it.

4. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Not to be a total ***... oh never mind I AM a total ***...

I see this as a perfect oppurtunity to knock out two birds with one stone! Have Sean beat up the guy, guy gets beat up, Sean goes to jail, ex-boyfriend out of the picture for a good long time, Zeppy finds herself a REAL man. Boom.

I guess I'm just evil and would actually enjoy it if something like this happened. Maybe I'm just biased against crappy people?

5. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Well how hard did he push her? I mean was it a nudge, or did he grab her and throw her at the wall? Either way is unacceptable, but it'd be nice to know to what degree it happened.

I wouldn't resort to violence, I'd talk to the guy, if I were Sean. Maybe he was just really mad and had a totally crappy week, and took it out on the wrong person. Or maybe the guy really is a danger to Sean's sister. It'd be good to find that out.

6. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

Does he have the right? Yes.
    Does it make it right? No.

It would be far better off for this guy to get counselling or too look for an alternate course of action than having your ex beat the crap out of this guy.

Addendum: What did we tell you about talking to your ex?

7. Fallen_62

i think it is acceptable in this case, dawg ;)

8. ZeppelinAngel

the way he said that melissa described it to him, it seems like it was a violent shove against the wall, then brian left and took melissas car keys so she couldn't leave

melissa told sean she's been in therapy for the last 2 months over stuff to do with brian

9. Arokthis

Arokthis IncGamers Member

My sentiments exactly. That being said, I have 4 questions about the inevitable brawl: When? Where? Who's bringing the popcorn and beer? What's the cover charge? :D

10. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

I really can't make a call on this without more information. Was it just a verbal argument prior to his shove? Did she bean him first with a rolling pin? What was the situation?

I hate domestic violence.:(

11. Fallen_62

if that's the case, i would say that those 2 should see a marriage councilor(sp?), and if things dont get better from there, and he is still violent with her, to get the authorities involved and think maybe about the D word (i dont like dat word, it made my childhood (from like age 4-14) a living hell)

12. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

In which case, yes, kill him and eat the remains, and forge a suicide note so nobody asks too many questions.

13. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Depends on their relationship.

If the two guys are good friends, I say let the fists fly. It's an odd fact about men that two friends kicking the **** outta each other can sometimes bring change and bring the two closer together in their friendship.

14. ZeppelinAngel

they're friends, but not like.. 'buddy-buddy' kinda thing, neither of them have had a problem with the other until now

i was informed that this happened because melissa forgot to look something up for brian while she was at work and it made him mad

15. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Counseling. Beating the guy up will just make him angry and eventually he´ll take that anger out on Melissa.

16. gismo

gismo IncGamers Member

Your ex does not have the right to use physical contact against the other guy. Unless he happens to be there when the other man is hitting the woman. Your ex can't just go over there and touch him. That's the laws job. If you ex does touch him(unless he is defending her at that moment in time from attacks from the other guy) he is committing battery against the other guy.

17. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

I was subject to domestic violence between my father and mother as a kid, and it's one of the most god-awful things a person can witness. Personally, I'd kidnap the guy and stuff him in the trunk and drive his car off the levee (jumping out at the last second to look really cool yourself). No, but seriously, if he ever does it again I'd tell your friends sister (did I read that right) to call the police and get him thrown into the pokey, or just have Sean (did I read that right too?) kick the **** out of the guy.

18. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

Sounds like brian needs the counseling or a little time in jail.

There is never any excuse for abuse.

Physical violence by your ex isn't the correct response.

19. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

Umm, the husband used physical violence against someone weaker than him. I say its healthy that he learn exactly what that feels like. IIIRC your ex is huge, so if I were him I would do exactly to the husband as the husband did to the wife; shove him hard into a wall.

Beating the crap out of him might not get the point across but a nice hard shove into a handy wall followed by an announcement that anything the husband does to the wife with be done exactly to him by your ex might just make him think about things.

I also can't imagine that this could get your ex into any serious trouble such as what kicking someone's arse could result in.

I really don't care about touchy feely lets talk about it stuff, lets go with good old fashioned instinctive fear.

Dutch

20. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Shoved her against the wall and took her car keys? Domestic violence IS a crime, you know. Call the police and let them deal with it. If she doesn't want to file charges, call Child Protective Services and let them know that the kids are being forced to live in a dangerous environment. Sometimes, the threat of losing children to the state or a relative is enough to provoke some change. A friend of mine is dealing with this right now. Her nephew is being abused and they are trying to get the kid out of there. The main driving force is an abuse survivor complaining that everyone knew but no one did anything. So do something proactive.

I'd like to point out OTF hypocrisy for a second here. If Zep had posted saying that a friend/enemy/random person/student at a school had violently thrown her into a wall and stolen her keys, the OTF would be clamouring for blood and legal action against this loser. However, since it is just a man throwing his wife into a wall, "counseling" is okay, no legal action, and only a few of the token "kill him" posts. From the looks of it, most of you think that it is more acceptable for a man to beat up his wife than it is for two strangers to beat each other up. Lovely.