Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does he have any legal guidlines?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by eddy, Apr 2, 2004.

1. eddy

eddy Banned

Does he have any legal guidlines?

My school has a vice principle who, when ever there is a situation(i.e. prank, fight, drug deal w/e) and he clues in to it, he threatens the students who he calls down. Not just mild things like failing to cooperate could get you a detention. He openly tells students he will suspend/expell or even change the classes they take so as to prevent them from doing what they wish after school. In some circumstances he even tells them that he is going to have them charged with whatever offence. From my understanding these things have happened more then once, with different people, so i see a pattern developing that isn't just people misunderstanding him or having a grudge. I also can see how he just wants to solve the problems and gets on, so he uses fear against the students. My question is, does he have any guidelines to follow when he does this?

Edit: I forgot to add he also yells at them, i have heard no reports of him actualy insulting anyone, but being the second highest figure of authority for a school with children aged 12-18, I personally would feel that unnecessary.

2. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

All of that is perfectly fine, and is the norm in my school also. The only reason it would be out of line is under certain circumstances, and their was no prior warning (in reference to charges being placed) that police could have jurisdiction.

Last fight at my school both guys (17 and 18) were sent to jail on assault charges and both were given community service hours and a hefty $5k fine each.

3. Jesse24

Jesse24 IncGamers Member

Sounds like a jerk on a power trip.

Last time I was sent to the office I started laughing at his accent when he was yelling at me...he wasn't pleased.

4. Freemason

Freemason Banned

I applaud him for standing up for discipline. You should send an e-mail to Sean Hannity and get this guy on the air. Everybody needs to know what an excellent job he is doing.

5. eddy

eddy Banned

So let me understand this, you are both saying you agree with him bring students into his office, then telling them that if they don't tell him who dunit, he will ruin their future?

6. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

As far as I'm concerned he's not ruining anyone's future. The people who messed up ruined it for themselves.

I don't know the whole story, maybe he is being too harsh, but even in my brief time student teaching I've seen enough of the other end of what highschool students consider unfair to doubt that he is. Getting through highschool without ruining your life is fairly easy. Even if you're determined to fail every class, as long as you don't cause a ruckus you'll have few problems.

There is a saying (I believe it is of Japanese origin): The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

7. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

"Dude! It's Mr. Hand."

Name that movie.

8. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Yeah, come on. What is he supposed to do, hit the offenders with a feather and offer tissues when they cry about it? I've personally had enough of the mollycoddling that the last generation of kids has been handed by administrators and parents too afraid to risk being accused of abuse. The kids are getting spoiled and expect everything to be handed to them on a platter regardless of how abusive they've been to themselves and others. Yelling at bad kids is wrong? Since when? Threatening them with punishments for breaking rules and misbehaving? Since when has that been cruel and unusual?

9. eddy

eddy Banned

Ok then I geuss there is nothing wrong with the school administrator bullying its students.