Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does Deaths Web really work?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Kemist, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Kemist

Kemist IncGamers Member

Does Deaths Web really work?

OK ive made a novamancer and everyone said get deaths web instead of hoto. I was told on my blizz sorc that choosing cold mastery (- whatever % to enemy resists) works only in PvM. Is this true, and if so is it the same effect for deaths web. I just dont see how it can actually lower others resists in PvP. If im correct and it doesnt work i want to get a hoto, cause my fcr is horrible and i need max resist.

2. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

it works in pvp

3. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Why would it not work in PvP?

To answer your question, yes it does work.

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

-res in gear with poison also increases your poison length as well as your damage/sec. This means you won't have to recast it as often if you do would not have gotton them to one with a 2 second duration nova.

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

yup. PvP poison necro's aint really worth there salt without death's web. you can get people who don't stack their poison res.
    i wish i had deaths web

6. DokterKemist

DokterKemist IncGamers Member

OK sounds good. My necs lvl 80 now and has 50fcr (posionmancers dont need fcr but i do need at least 50 for teleport)

I minion stack and dish out 6k dmg (no gc). Also lower resist + dweb comes out to about -110% to posion resists. Fire golem finishes them off or my elite a1 bow merc. I also used 0 strg and got about 2.1-2.2k life

Ive dueled some and I love it so far, do very well and its not a common char to see.

BTW how much does dweb go for non ladder? I offered my first guy 5 hi, and he still didnt want. Another guy wanted like 30 hi. Finally i found someone who only wanted 3. I was like YESH. =P

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Hmm.. I guess that 2 Ists + in the values thread for West is complete and utter BS. Man, how the heck am I supposed to afford one of those before Diablo II is retired. Self-rushing Hell Forge Runs is getting monotonous.

Oh, and dude any -resist items are totally worth it. -40-50 is HUGE. Look at it this way:

If an attack does 1000 points of damage, you have a Dweb 40, and your enemy has 0 resists, you will reduce him to -40, causing you to do 400 more points of damage, which is the same as having a +40% damage item, or enough plus skills to increase damage by that much.

If he has 95% resists you will do 50 points of damage with nothing. With DWeb at -40 you will do 400 points of damage. (+700%!) With +40% damage in items/synergies you'd only do 70 points of damage.

Knowing poison damage, it probably doesn't work exactly like this, but you get the general idea. If you want to see the difference try putting DWeb away for a while in Hell.