Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does D Clone Appear Twice?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by HoFF, Feb 16, 2004.

1. HoFF

HoFF IncGamers Member

Does D Clone Appear Twice?

I went to join a game that had D Clone in it, with the game almost full. I went to go switch to my Paladin so I could survive, but somebody killed him before I got there. However, there was still the message "Diablo walks the earth" when I joined the game. Is it possible that I can fight him again?

2. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

no

even when he is dead, the message still comes up for anyone that joins the game

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Testing so far has been negative. Once a DC spawns in a game. He won't appear again. Sometimes a soj count will continue even after the fact. That is likely people who are still selling for some reason. (Unconfirmed)

If the particular IP becomes active again in a game where DC has all ready been killed, it is very unlikely that he can spawn a second time in that same game. I want to test this, but that would be very difficult to do. The odds of the same IP becoming active twice in 24 hours is extremely unlikely -- especially considering Battle.net uses somewhere around 180-200 ips.

4. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

the very first time i had dc spawn in my game we killed him. 10 mins later a new msg appeared saying diablo walks the earth (noone had joined the room since etc etc etc) but we (me and a friend) looked forever and couldn't find him.

5. Hells_Trinity

Hells_Trinity IncGamers Member

first unique monster you find after "diablo walks the earth" comes up will be dc so if you and you freind are in a game and that comes up again and you come across a unique then there wont be another dc