Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does Curse Stack

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by phoby, Jul 9, 2008.

1. phoby

phoby IncGamers Member

Does Curse Stack

If i cast amp and lower resist do they both stack ?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Re: Does Curse Stack

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :guiness: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Nope. The curse cast last overrides the curse cast earlier. The exception is Attract, which can't be overridden.

3. XtremeTiramisu

XtremeTiramisu IncGamers Member

And to add to what Mad Mantis just said, attract is useful only when you want to order your army to attack a specific target like the Shaman who continues to revive his little guys and your army obviously doesn't have the artificial intellegence to break that cycle. By casting attract, not only your minion will start attacking the one who's cursed with attract but the surrounded enemies will also attack the cursed target. From the guides I've read, some recommanded a point in Attract. I did put a point in Attract and a point in confuse as it's the prerequisite to Attract. Later on in the game I never get to use either attract and confuse so basically 2 wasted points. The most curse that you'll use 85% of the time is simply the Amplify damage for its many goodness. Dim vision is also a must have for deadly ranged enemies like burning soul, gloam, archer, tainted, etc. Decrepfy may also be needed occasionally against Baal and minions of destructions. But if your sum nec is in good shape with all the additional plus skills, you can just amp them for faster killing speed.

A conclusion I've came to mind is that you can use decrepfy to slow minions of destruction and -50% physical resistance and your army may survives better but kills slower. Or you can cast Amp damage for your army to kill quicker thanks to its -100% physical resistance but your army may have one or two more casualties than decrepfy situation. So kills slower, die less or kills faster, die more yield about the same to me. But if your minions doesn't die even with cast of amp, amp is > decrepfy in this case.

XT

4. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

Attract is good for collecting those nearby critters (including dolls if you dare) at chokepoints for some mass CE party, but beware its significant aggro effect and of taking on more than you can handle

5. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

One minor point: If your necro is using a long-duration poison (PD/PE spring to mind), you can cast LR on monsters, inflict the poison and then AmpDam them for additional physical damage. The poison damage will continue to benefit from the initial LR curse despite the over-write by AmpDam.

Useful for certain circumstances and for particular builds.