Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

does cold duration stack with sorc freeze attacks?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by KoalaBearThirtyThree, Nov 9, 2006.

1. KoalaBearThirtyThree

KoalaBearThirtyThree IncGamers Member

does cold duration stack with sorc freeze attacks?

Does anyone know if cold DURATION from items (eg. Eye of Etlich or Frostburns) stack with the freeze druation of sorceress's attacks (eg. Glacial Spike, Ice Blast)? In other words, does it behave like amazon's freezing arrow (where it stacks)?

I'm thiinking of building an inferno sorc (I know, pretty low dmg even with max fire mastery and synergy but still) and need some crowd control. I tested inferno a few months ago and gave up after act1/normal because there is no crowd control. Monsters would just charge directly at you and you are toast. But now I'm thinking of shooting some cold attack that freezes (say glacial spike) and then cast inferno.

2. Byaxident

Byaxident IncGamers Member

Pretty sure it only applies to physical damage.

3. KoalaBearThirtyThree

yeah I think so too but can one of you test it or something? I don't have any sorcs with cold so can't really test it... simplest thing would to be use eye of etlich in normal and see how long that lasts vs not using it...

Does anyone think inferno sorc is doable for a typical game? Probably only feasible if there is a tank player in the game... Rough calculations show that she can do around 800dmg/sec. That's not that great (compared to other spells which shoot at least 2 per sec) but it's not that horrible either. I don't know... sounds interesting...

4. KoalaBearThirtyThree

I tested it this weekend (totally forgot that I can simply buy a staff with the skill) and it doesn't stack... kind of what one would expect...

5. KoalaBearThirtyThree

I also gave up on the idea of an inferno sorc. I just read somewhere on these forums that there is a bug and inferno only does like 1/3 dmg or something. That's way too low so that's out of the question...