Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does Cloak of Shadows work in PvP?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by K-Lined, Mar 4, 2004.

1. K-Lined

K-Lined IncGamers Member

Does Cloak of Shadows work in PvP?

If so, with Enemy Defense -72% at slvl 20 would it be worth maxing for a Kicksin? And does Venom work together with BoS? I would also like to know more detailed information about how Blade Shield works.. appreciate any help! :)

2. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

it works but isn't as effective as you are lead to believe
    it lowers their total %defense
    say if they were a paladin with defiance on, and defiance granted them 200% more defense, your cloak would lower their defiance by -72% to making them only have a 128% defence bonus

3. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Well it's more or less what Pent said. If you have a char that has no %def at all then CoS can be quite usefull. Since it removes a % of their base defense. If a paladin has 4k defense from equipment , and without any %defense from skills , and he has 40k defense with holy shield / defiance / etc , then a -75% defense CoS will only remove 3k defense (4k / 4 * 3 = 3k). Which means there's still 37k defense left. Hardly worth the effort.

Now if you're up against an ama or so , then CoS can help. If an ama has like 3k defense , then -75% from CoS makes this 750. This is because ama's don't have any %defense skills.

4. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Exactly what don't you understand about BShield? The FAQ may help.

5. ThyForbidden

ThyForbidden IncGamers Member

Well.. Cloak doesn't work like it should IMO. I works after someones deffence modifiers.. I'd be a great skill if it worked at the final deffence(so 40k def becomes 2k), but it doens't.
    Coupled with being unable to recast it untill there time is up(at 95% is 32 secounds, or 31.. not on my WW'er so can't look right now). It works great against other WW'sins that don't have it as high and against hammerdins somewhat. Its work the points to raise it only if you dont have any points in martial arts or traps(IE you get DF or blade sheild from your chaos). If you aren't WW then just put 1 point I'd say.

The deffence bonus isn't to be underestamated either.. It helps alot more than you'd think.

Edit: Yeah its great against amazons also.

6. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

You forget it gives you defense for that duration as well. For instance. Lets say you have 5k def. At level 20 CoS gives +62% def

5000 * 62%= 3100 def, bringing your total up to 8.1k. Now that extra def can mean life or death.

7. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

GL getting a base defense of 5k on an assassin. Even with a 3k defense armor + 1k shield you're still 1k off. Helmet 250 , belt 150 , gloves 120 and boots 130. That still means you're 450 defense off.

8. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

Hrmm. Yes I see now. I only have 4k. I was referring to my 7k def after a barbs shout. Sorry for the mix up, but CoS doesn't work like it should. Maybe we should complain to blizz and make them fix it to the way ti should work. :flip: