Does chance to cast interrupt attacks?

PoulpSquad

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello,

This is my first post on these forums. Thanks a lot for having me!

I'm improving my bowazon with rare javs to use on switch.

I'm using an act 1 mercenary with Faith to reach the last IAS breakpoint, and hopefully hit 6.83 attacks/second with jab.

I do have a doubt though, because the javelins have a 10% chance to cast level 3 nova on striking.

Is the spell going to interrupt my jab sequence to display the casting animation each time it triggers, like what Phoenix does with its 40% Chance To Cast Level 22 Firestorm On Striking?

Thanks a lot for reading this.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Jab is uninterruptible, so ctc effects shouldn't interrupt it. It's not affected by the oddge/avoid/evade bug as well.

PoulpSquad

Diabloii.Net Member
But nonetheless, when using Phoenix, I spend half my time in casting animation. It is very annoying, because the great damage bonus on the runeword is completely wasted by the constant interruptions. This is compounded by the dismal cast speed of the amazon class and the sheer number of attacks per second of jab...

Anyway it occurred to me I could maybe buy a weapon with CtC Nova on striking from Charsi, which I did, and I can confirm that it triggers without casting animation.

Thank you very much for your help!