Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does beta call to arms work in 1.10?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NSXdreamer, Mar 6, 2004.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Does beta call to arms work in 1.10?

I'm thinking about install a beta patch d2, make a call to arms, then convert up to 1.10, but I've also heard that the runewords have changed and when convert up to 1.10 the beta call to arm would loss the runeword and become a gemmed weapon. Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks a lot.

2. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

My first two beta runewords of Crescent Moon still have their awesome runeword stats. Because of this, I believe the stats will stay the same. Having the beta Call to Arms is just awesome. I can imagine all the extra life and mana. :drool:

3. NSXdreamer

Yep, +2 to all skill, +13 to shout/bo, but would be suck if they don't work though.

4. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

IIRC the beta items don't transfer correctly such as Call to Arms. I think the rune combinations were different, and it turns into an ITH(Yes, an ITH). You might want to get this confirmed with someone else though.

5. NSXdreamer

Yes, that's what I'm worried about. Would really suck if they don't work out. (what's ITH btw?)

6. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

call to arms DOES NOT work
    the no of runes required changed therefore fuking it up

some others like cresent moon DO work

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

most runewords stayed the same, and these are all fine, but i belive it either wont work, or has odd stats when converted. i vaguely remmeber soemoen tried it.

8. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think it was a beta Call To Arms that Waimea had, and the name changed to ITH and the stats were just the stats that the runes give when you put it in a normal weapon, thus making it useless.

We made so much fun of him in IRC. Ah... *goes to dig up an old thread elsewhere*

9. NSXdreamer

Ouch, that really sucks. Oh well.

10. TekkaZeroX

NSXDreamer, you can make the item just like all the runewords. Here is the item to to encourage you to follow your dreams.

Call to Arms
    Scourge
    'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
    One-Hand Damage: 11 to 299
    Durability: 59 of 65
    Required Dexterity: 77
    Required Strength: 125
    Required Level: 57
    Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 82
    Fingerprint: 0x7534aecd
    GUID: 0xbef4843c 0xa156a700 0x0
    +274% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 5-30 fire damage
    7% Life stolen per hit
    Replenish Life +12
    30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    40% Increased Attack Speed
    +11 to Battle Orders
    +10 to Battle Cry
    +13 to Battle Command
    Prevent Monster Heal
    150% Damage to Undead
    +2 to All Skill Levels
    Socketed (5: 5 used)

This is not my item, but it is from a good old friend of mine. I watched him make it in 1.10s and I was impressed (the runes are totally legit). NSXDreamer, if you have the will to make the item; you can make it. I emailed him for the stats, so I could prove to everyone who says it is not possible.

For those who are ignorant of the changes to Call to Arms runeword, the first beta had one less rune and it had the uber stats. In 1.10s, the uber stats remained, but one more expensive rune was added to make it more rare. In the final 1.10 patch, the runeword was totally nerfed.

11. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

Tekka, I've played the beta since day 1, and I must say that this item doesn't seem right. In the first beta(just 1.10, later called 1.10a) CtA was the monstrous overpowered item everybody know, and it was AmnRalMalIst. But in 1.10s the Ohm was added and it was nerfed. I'm 90% sure it was that way, not 100% tho...Sure, I can be wrong but....

12. TekkaZeroX

You are incorrect. I can prove that my friend's item is legit and more importantly I am right. Not only did I watch him make it, but the 1.10s mpq file backup what I am saying.

Battle Command has a TMIN4 of 5 and a TMAX4 of 20, Battle Orders has a TMIN5 of 5 and a TMAX5 of 15, Battle Cry TMIN6 of 10 and a TMAX6 of 13. That should be self-explanatory.

13. TekkaZeroX

I have uploaded the runeword 1.10s text file that came from their mpq files. It can be downloaded or viewed here. I downloaded this file like the rest of the others from the big DII mod making site. I am not going to post the name, since I am not sure whether that is against the rules. This text file can also be found in the earlier 1.10s ATMA file folders.

With that said, perhaps Hakai_no_Tenshi or other mpq gurus could either disprove or testify to my claims.

14. NSXdreamer

Maybe they made the rune change in 1.10s, but nerfed the stats in final, so 1.10s has the best of both world, high stats and useable in final?

I never installed the 1.10s patch due to the (legit) item deletion thing, so I don't know.

15. TekkaZeroX

NSXDreamer, 1.10s is fine. You will get item deletion if you are going from 1.10a to 1.10s, but I have not had items deleted moving from 1.09d to 1.10s.

16. NSXdreamer

Oh that's not what I meant. I play 1.10 right now. When they released 1.10a I installed it, and got a bunch of nice stuff. Then they released 1.10s, and people say it would delete all the 1.10a item and some 1.09 item, so I waited for 1.10 final to save my item. :)

17. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Tekka is right, and it was news to me, so gg this thread :)
    As NSX suspected, they added the Ohm requirement between 1.10a and 1.10s, but nerfed the skills bonuses between 1.10s and 1.10 final. So you can still make the over-powered CtA in 1.10s, albeit at a higher cost than 1.10a, and take it through to 1.10 final.

Waims definitely made his in 1.10a, which I presume is why it ended up as an Ith. That also explains why more people haven't had the same thing happen, as not that many people played 1.10a before they released 1.10s and most people switched.

18. NSXdreamer

Sweet! :D 1.10s it is!

19. TekkaZeroX

I wish you the best of luck on your search, NSXDreamer. To help yourself out, you might want to ask some of the 1.09 players if they need some items that can be traded for 1.09 runes. If you do make the sweet mother of runewords, please post it. :thumbsup:

20. NSXdreamer

Thanks. Problem is I have already upgraded all my char/item to 1.10, so I'll have to start new 1.10s. But with the countess and hellforge(self rushing), I'd imagine it won't be long before I can get it (if I don't get bored and give up that it :p). :D.