does bear from beast receive summon res?

Bigru

Diabloii.Net Member
does bear from beast receive summon res?

topic ^^

or any other summon charges, (valk, spirits, etc.)

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Also no...But I don't really know...The Arreat Summit says minions...but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Maybe RTB or someone equally knowledgeable will come by.

sAYwQQT

Diabloii.Net Member
That bear is waste.. From when you are able to use Beast you are so far in the game that the bear is nothing but waste of gold :/
(I tested this myself)

But no, Summon resist does not affect Bear because it only affects necromancer summon skills.

-wQQT

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Are you guys sure? I could've sworn I read somewhere that it does (referring to the valkarie from the runeword Harmony)

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Necrochild313 said:
Are you guys sure? I could've sworn I read somewhere that it does (referring to the valkarie from the runeword Harmony)
Indeed. I tried to find that thread, but it was made before the search function came back online. Maybe we should ask RTB.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
sAYwQQT said:
That bear is waste.. From when you are able to use Beast you are so far in the game that the bear is nothing but waste of gold :/
(I tested this myself)-wQQT
It's true bear becomes a waste when you've advanced in the game to be able to wear Beast.

I would think that bear / valks / etc. WOULD receive summon res bonus because they have been "summoned" by the nec and also counts as his minions.

- Dennis

sAYwQQT

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
It's true bear becomes a waste when you've advanced in the game to be able to wear Beast.

I would think that bear / valks / etc. WOULD receive summon res bonus because they have been "summoned" by the nec and also counts as his minions.

- Dennis
But the Summon Resist passive skill works like a synergy in some way. It only affects those skills it says "Gain bonuses from ..."

You would have to get some druid synergies to boost the bear I would say.

Am I wrong?

-wQQT

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
One thing I was wondering earlier was whether Summon resist acts like an invisible aura or a summoning synergostic skill (like one of the masteries) that works like a prebuff.

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
prebuffing will help summon resist, cause i think it adds to the summoned creatures base resistances as far as i know

Bigru

Diabloii.Net Member
wat happens if ya raise a skele with Zero in summon res, then chuck a point in it? do they suddenly gain summon res?

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never seen a skill so vaguely described in skills.txt. I think I'll go do a big necromancer test after a couple more of these threads.

Summon Resist is prebuffable, and in Bigru's example the skellie would have 0% resist.