Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does Battle Cry Work PvP?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by carebearonacid, Apr 5, 2004.

1. carebearonacid

carebearonacid IncGamers Member

Thanks.

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Once again, yes, though it's not as effective as you'd think, since it's just a straight subtraction from your opponent's defense/damage %s.

Please use the search function; not to be rude and such, as I know pvp and all is too short when doing a straight search, but I know I've answered this question at least twice before in similarly titled posts ;)

-Hal

3. carebearonacid

Sorry about that I'll use the search next time, although would this skill be worth 1 point at least for melee 1v1 duels?

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

it could be useful against classes without %ED bonuses like assassins or wolves

5. carebearonacid

battle cry level 5: -54% def -27% damage
    so that would at least drop thier def by half and you still dont think its worth it?

6. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

I would say even 2% would be worth it. The problem is trying to yell (use the skill) before they get a few hits in on you. You would have to measure whether the time it takes to yell is worth the few hits your oppenent got in on you. Hope this helps.

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

It won't drop their defense by half. Say if they had 300% enhanced defense from shout or something, the -54% is going to take off of that, so it would be 246% instead. That's what I meant by the whole "straight subtraction" thing. Most barbs have more like 600%+ ed, so it won't make that big of a difference.

One point is great, I use it on my pvm barbs all the time, though it does give them a free hit or two on you when you cast it, if your fcr is low.

-Hal

8. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Exactly what hal said. Say that a barb has maybe 20k defense. At first u'd think that -50% def would make that a 10k defense. However, again like hal said, it only subtracts from their base def, which is probably like 4-5k which in the end only subtracts their def by like 1k points. Basically it's not that helpful in pvp and will probably hurt u more than help u. I'd definetly get it for pvm though, works great on bosses/tough guys which hal i suppose has already said....

......i suddenly feel like i have brought almost nothing new to the table.....dang u hal!!!! :p