Does anyone run the WSK or Baal with an IK Barb?

Dave in the basement

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone run the WSK or Baal with an IK Barb?

Hello all!

I have an IK barb who has been parked in the Pit for a looooong time, and I am thinking it may be time to break him out of that rut. As such, I figured the WSK and/or Baal would be a nice place to MF....once I get there.

So, any IK barbs out there have any success (survival and MF-wise) in the WSK or up against Baal?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply. :D

Dave :teeth:

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member
Iron Maiden will kill you, and with about 50% chance of oblivion knights in there, you don't want to be there, trust me :x

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Once you get a good map, your only trouble will possibly be the OKs, because there could be lots of them dealing huge damage at once, while you whittle them away with berserk unable to leech.

Noodle

If you have Delirium, I would imagine putting it on your merc may help keep the Oblivion Knights distracted.

- Noodle

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Noodle said:
If you have Delirium, I would imagine putting it on your merc may help keep the Oblivion Knights distracted.

- Noodle
They can't be cursed can they?

Oh and iron maiden is the suxx0r and is the only major issue you have facing your barb. Find an easy to get by them and you are set.

Noodle

ahcw said:
They can't be cursed can they?

Oh and iron maiden is the suxx0r and is the only major issue you have facing your barb. Find an easy to get by them and you are set.

Hm. Good point. Well, it was just a theory anyway - can't say I've tried it. I CAN say from personal experience that any hard hitting mana-burn critter can be dangerous to an IK Barb, or at least one that uses WW. Or, at least to me, playing mine. (My barb skills are admittedly novice.)

- Noodle

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
Delirium confuses the doom knights, though, which may turn on the OKs, so it can be pretty useful. :D

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Summoned said:
Delirium confuses the doom knights, though, which may turn on the OKs, so it can be pretty useful. :D
Just don't get caught up in the cross-fire, they can still curse you.

I think ultimately, the main thing to watch is IM which slows you down a lot.

Don't forget to do find item on the 4 waves of bosses before Baal. Kill the boss first leaving a minion behind. Then the corpse is still available.

Sledge

Diabloii.Net Member
yes its not that hard with a good map
zerk + howl are a good combination
just remember to hork those ok's in the throneroom. Don't set it to p8 until u have cleared the throneroom even then sometimes i waited till after the 2nd wave. I didn't die doing the runs, but i didn't feel very safe, probably carried too much MF. Mana burn lister is quite annoying also.

Hendrix Jr.

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, Use Zerk on the OB knights, there's no mystery to dat one. My IK barb runs baal just fine, Durance is fun 2.

-Jon-

PS, I usually do my Baal runs P4 until lister, when i go P8. adds to my fun. ( i obviosly like tough challenges.)

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
Hendrix Jr. said:
PS, I usually do my Baal runs P4 until lister, when i go P8. adds to my fun. ( i obviosly like tough challenges.)
Yes, continuously whirling back and forth can get very addicting. :D P8 hell ancients, anyone?

NorrYtt

Diabloii.Net Member
With Delirium, I believe the OKs will curse the Confused mobs and override the Confuse curse. Confuse doesn't proc incredibly often, but I imagine lots of crowd control couldn't hurt.

Hendrix Jr.

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually do not use whirlwind. I'm a Conc,Freenzy barb. If i knew when i started that i would find an IKSC i would not have wasted a pointin frenzy... oh well...

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
In that case rebuild, cons is only usefull with maxed bo and shout and frenzy is compleatly out of question for IKset.

Hendrix Jr.

Diabloii.Net Member
There is no point in rebuilding. I have BO/Shout Maxed, And Conc is PLenty effective, After my might merc im averaging 5,000 damage, at extremely fast speed due to the 60% IAS total on the maul. 75 All resists, I'm not running in to any problems, and the only place i could see putting the wasted frenzy points is into warcry... So it's not really worth the time and effort to rebuild.

-Jon-