Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does anyone play 1.09 anymore?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sergeant, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

Does anyone play 1.09 anymore?

I decided to dust off DII and have another go at SP. I miss my meteor, damage reduced sorc and wanted to do it again.

Does anyone out there still play 1.09? Does anyone do giveaways for 1.09? Sadly, all the items I have in my stashes are from 1.10 and either I'm too dumb to know how to convert them back to 1.09 or they can't.... So I have all this good stuff I can't use.

Anyhoo, thanks for listening and let me know if anyone has any 1.09 stuff they've been looking to offload. I don't mean to beg and perse, just looking for people who still play 1.09....

Sarge loves you!

2. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I know D2Addict and Symeon does, they rarely post though.

3. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

I still play .09, well, technically I haven't for a long time, but I plan on playing again at some point.

Drop me a PM of things you're looking for, I may be able to help out some.

4. Sergeant

Serdash, thanks for the offer, I sent that PM off just now.

Secondarily... I have a ton of 1.10 items in stashes from when I still played. Is there a way to convert 1.10 items back to 1.09?

I know you can convert 1.09 to 1.10 but I've never tried the other way...

5. symeon

symeon IncGamers Member

Hi Sarge,

I'm still in 1.09 and my stashes are full and brimming with goodies. What is your pleasure?

6. Quizzart

Quizzart IncGamers Member

I play 1.09 for now but don't use ATMA yet so I can't email you items but we could IP/LAN to trade (or give). I don't have elite gear yet (I recently restarted as well) but I have some decent low to mid level gear.

You cannot revert items from a higher (newer) version to a lower (older) version.

7. Barak

Barak IncGamers Member

I'm still playing 1.09 because I didn't like the skill synergies introduced in 1.10.

The only real temptations for me to upgrade are the new items and a necromancer with decent skeleton summons. I suppose the extra runewords would be nice too, but in five years of playing the highest rune I've ever found is an Um so I probably couldn't use most of them anyway.

8. Samsung

Samsung Banned

I plan to install 1.09 just so I can get my hands on some of those nice 09 uniques. Like the azurewrath crystal sword, and while im at it I might as well make a classic character and hunt for some sojs with no level requirement :)
    I'm so anxious to get my hands on some of these items. Could smoeone fill me in though? I'm not sure if it's 1.09 or 1.08 that the sojs have no level requirement on classic, and bonesnaps are req level 9 too?

9. Sergeant

Ok, I got another offer in my e-mail so, after rummaging through his list, here's what I have left on my shopping list:

Uniques
    Goldwrap
    The Centurion
    War Traveler
    Hand of Broc
    Arreat's Face
    Harlequin Crest
    Viscerataunt
    Stormshield
    Manald Heal x2
    Dwarf Star
    Saracen's Chance
    Crescent Moon
    Highlord's Wrath
    Witherstring
    Gull
    Titan's Revenge
    Bartuc's Cut Throat x2

Set Items
    Cow King's Hooves
    Griswold's Valor
    M'avina's Icy Clutch
    Natalya's Mark
    Trang-Oul's Guise

I have the rest of the set items from the sets above, that's why I'm only asking for single items. Like I told the other person who was so cool to offer, I don't expect everything on my list, I know its a touch long for a single request. You don't have to explain or justify why you don't want to part with a particular item. I'll be glad for whatever you're good enough to part with. I'll even return them when I'm done. Most of the low-mid level stuff I'll only need until my characters move on to better items.

Thanks again everyone!

10. symeon

symeon IncGamers Member

Goldwrap? Puh-lease! :wink3:

My stashes are at home, so I'll send you what I can from your list tomorrow. Off the top of my head, I'd say only Arreats, Stormshield & Griswold's I cannot furnish you with - I only have one of those. Not sure about Highlord's either. The rest I should have multiples of. You'll just have to be patient for a day, my friend.

Polish your boots or sumffin?

11. Sergeant

well, you did say brimming. I was thinking "Well, this guy's got uniques to burn!".

Not really but, close.

12. D2Addict

D2Addict IncGamers Member

Well I just happened to pass by today here. :) I still host 1.09 games weekly and Phylogen, Jbbto and TheNix are the most common people joining.

I can probably fill some of your list. I quit keeping it all just because I gave away so much and didn't want to build it all back up again. I have a huge supply of skill ammys (400+) if you want something like that.

13. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Quote edited out. Niko was offering hacked items - Hrus

You probably want to edit your post. Hacks/cheats aren't allowed here. You also will be banned if you spread your 'tainted' items to the rest of the spf. Tained items being the items you created with the use of hero editor.

14. symeon

symeon IncGamers Member

I do. It's not like they're being used otherwise. Funnily enough, you got my single spare non-ethereal Goldwrap. I don't pick up normal or exceptional uniques at all anymore, so it was close. It was much easier to part with high-end gear of which I have multiples. In short, the stash in your inbox contains:

Goldwrap (my last spare)
    The Centurion
    War Traveler (my last spare)
    Hand of Broc
    Harlequin Crest (my last spare)
    Viscerataunt
    Manald Heal x2
    Dwarf Star
    Saracen's Chance
    Crescent Moon (my last spare)
    Highlord's Wrath (my last spare)
    Witherstring (my last spare)
    Gull (my last spare)
    Titan's Revenge
    Bartuc's Cut Throat x2

M'avina's Icy Clutch
    Natalya's Mark
    Trang-Oul's Guise

No Cow King's Hooves I'm afraid, I only have 4 armours to spare. As I thought, no Stormshield, Arreat's or Griswold's either. Gotta start picking up low-end stuff again...

Enjoy your warezorz :smiley:

15. Sergeant

@D2addict: Thanks for the offer. I should be good on ammy's but, if you have any that'd be good for a meteorb damage reduced sorc or a fury/dire wolf druid, I'll take all the help I can get.

Also, you mentioned you host weekly games. Granted, my characters are still sub level 20 but, if you have any lower level games going now and then, it'd be nice to be in a game with more than me. PM me if you have a game I can contribute to.

@symeon: I see the stash in my inbox, receipt confirmed. I'll load it up when I get home and see what santa brought me!

Thanks all!

Sarge

16. Suiling

Suiling Banned

OT: Why is Sergeant's name in yellow?

17. D2Addict

I will take a look thru the ammys for you Sergeant. I am having surgery tomorrow so it may be a few days. We just finished a 1.09 holdouts game a week or so again but we usually start another fairly quick. We start at level 1 and usually it is Tuesday at 8pm EST for about an hour each week. My email is [email protected] if you are interested or I will post here next time we are going to start.

Suiling - His name is in yellow due to sponsoring this forum in some way. I am sure one of the links at the top would explain it more.

18. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

Whilst we are on the subject of v1.09, I have a couple of queries of my own.

1. How is players X executed again??? All I remember is that you have to do it in town, otherwise it does not work. Also do you need the / also, or a space between players and X???

2. I dont plan on too much mfing so its likely that I'll never see it, but how was the 'Lightning Hose' Act 1 merc done again??? IIRC, it had something to do with a certain number of +X to all skills items.

3. If anyone has any spare Sigons Complete Steel itamz, could you shoot me a pm??? I have only been playing 1.09 for a couple of days now, so I wont be able to offer much more than a handful of chippies in return. :rolleyes:

19. symeon

symeon IncGamers Member

1. <Enter>players x<Enter>
    where 1 <= x <= 8. It can be done anywhere at all.

2. She must be wearing a total of +3 To All Skills (+x To Amazon Skills don't count towards that).

3. These are so low end I probably only have one of each and no spares. It only takes an hour's worth of Meph runs to get the whole set really. I'll check my stashes during the weekend, maybe I'll do some MFing and see what I can furnish you with on Monday.

By the way, if you're just starting 1.09, why not make a 1.09 Mephisto farming Assassin? She's fun and will net you goodies galore. :smiley:

20. D2Addict

Anywhere is right but for 1.09 you can go up to players 64. We do quite often in our cow runs. :)