Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does anyone own a MD here and know how to operate one? ifr

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by offline5555, Mar 12, 2004.

1. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

Does anyone own a MD here and know how to operate one?

I just got a nice new Sony MD MZN510. I am wondering if anyone knows how to operate the changing format function in the SonicStage program. The MD has MDLP which records files in ATRAC3 or ATRAC3 Plus format. I am wondering if ATRAC3 Plus format would allow me to record more songs by compressing the files furthermore, but as a result of lowering the quality of the files.

I am trying to figure which format best suits for compressing mp3 files.

2. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I just use the regular and it sounds fine, exactly like the mp3 sounds. I don't think you can really make it better by using plus. They both work fine though, the plus has no real difference.

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

All my MD players are like 10 years old and they weren't designed to work with computers at all, so I can't help you . . . but I want to ask if the one you got is the newer version that lets you transfer audio from the player TO the computer. Older ones wouldn't let you do that (even the recording models that people were using to take notes in class) and everyone hated Sony for crippling them like that.

4. offline5555

dave:
    i dont think it's wise using the regular one as you are hardly compressing the file at all, making the file taking more space than LP2/LP4 format.

Durf:
    mine is definitely capable of transferring from the player to the computer, but i don't find it that useful. I use mp3s primarily, so it would be MUCH faster going to kazaa lite/winmx to download a mp3 instead.
    But i can tell people who bought the recording version would hate sony for this. I am not sure if mine is capable of recording sounds like that...... but i don't care about it anywayz. I am happy with my new MD! It comes with a Car kit with remote control too! :clap:

5. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

record the songs in "LP4"..to do that click on the "wrench" in the program...LP4 compresses the files but uses more battery power or something like that..so...yeah...

6. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

Sonic stage pisses me off to no end it's so laggy. If I wanna compress songs I do it before anything to do with the MD then just do it normally...

7. offline5555

i dont see a difference in the size of the two same files created by LP2 and LP4, so i am just going to use LP2 since it seems the best way so save battery life while have decent sound. If someone knows more about LP2 and LP4 lemme know.

As for the sonicstage, i dont find it laggy at all, and i only have a celeron 333mhz. It takes a long time to convert. but i dont mind, cos i just go study or do homework or sleep in the meanwhile.

8. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

i happen to love my MD n-10 :)