Does anyone know what exactly does "superior" add? der=0

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone know what exactly does "superior" add?

Arret Summit dosen't really say anything useful besides "Superior items have improved Defense, and/or Durability. Superior Weapons can have increased chance to hit or damage, and Durability.", does anyone know what mods (and ranges) does superior add to an item, and oh what item they can appear?

Thanks!

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
I know that weapons can get up to around 13% ed at best and the same goes for durability and defense. AR I'm not quite sure about. Someone else may be able to tell you more, but what you get on a superior is pretty much as random as getting a superior itself.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
nothing more to add to the previous post than this:

superior can spawn in any white/grey weapon or armor including helms, gloves, belts and boots

its useful as it can spawn with sockets as well, so you can have your 6 socket, etheral, superior bezerker axe whcih would do nice dmg with a certain runeword...

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Superior on weapons:
5 - 15% ed
5 - 15% enhanced durability
1 - 3 AR
Up to 2 different mods can spawn.

Superior on armor:
5 - 15% ed
5 - 15% enhanced durability

Ryondaahl

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a small warning about runewording superior items, I am not sure if this is still true in 1.10 but in 1.09 the repaircosts have a tendency to go through the roof! I had to shift my Lionheart Superior Wirefleece to a merc because every trip to Larzuk broke the bank for me.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
Ryondaahl said:
Just a small warning about runewording superior items, I am not sure if this is still true in 1.10 but in 1.09 the repaircosts have a tendency to go through the roof! I had to shift my Lionheart Superior Wirefleece to a merc because every trip to Larzuk broke the bank for me.

cheers,

Ryondaahl
I had the same problem in .10 with my Lionheart Archon plate and now with my Beast Caduceus. I don't htink it has to do with the affix of Superior; I think it has to do with the modifiers on the armor/weapon after the runes are inserted.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Ryondaahl said:
And exactly for that reason (I think :)) the repair recipes were added.