Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does anyone here play by SPF/SPL SC rules?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by King's Specter, Apr 7, 2005.

1. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

Does anyone here play by SPF/SPL SC rules?

I'd like to host some MP, but to stay in my trading circles, Brand had to MP with other players who follow the general rules:

Character created in 1.10
    Use only items found in 1.10
    Twink from / Trade with only characters following the same rules.
    Use no mods of any kind.

I'm not trying to say that this kind of style is better in any way then other play styles, it's just the rules that Brand follows. I've got plenty of other characters that are much more "open".

If there are other folks here that follow this guidlines, I'll start posting here when I'm doing MP Baal runs.

Cheers,

-KS

2. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

You'll find a sticky at the top of this forum called "MP". Post all your IP's there and the people will come.

About the only things not for trade around here are Runes and Runeword items.

Have fun!

- Masher

3. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

The SPL never really took off here as a hot idea, I believe lots play only 1.10 with only 1.10 items but we generally haven't been vigilante about any SPL rules. Someone tried to do a few trades following SPL rules and and ultimately didn't get very far simply because most here can't guarantee all they've traded with or MP'ed with are SPL.

I'm personally an excellent example, I play only 1.10, my chars on the 99 thread were created in 1.10 and only use 1.10 items. BUT I started in classic, got to around level 35 and then installed LoD and within a short period of time deleted all my old items and moved fully to 1.10, except my one original char. That char went on to find a few 1.10 items that were twinked to other 1.10 chars.

Because of my late start in D2 (last July) I have no advantage over any SPL char but none the less I done qualify.

4. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Yeah I did a similar thing. I really got into SP a few months after 1.10 was released. I did however have a few classic characters that I converted and then forged. Guess that means I don't qualify.

Too bad - it would have been good to have a pair of lvl 97 hammerdins :p

5. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Why only 1.10 items?

6. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

:raises hand:

I started clean in 1.10, leaving all my 1.09 goodies behind. I don't do trades or mods, but have given a few items of my collection away in-game to the needy. You'll find me running baal often up in the MP thread. :thumbsup:

7. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I started rock-bottom 1.10 SC about a month ago, so I guess I qualify? :wink2:

8. Lucky_Seven

Lucky_Seven IncGamers Member

...and you play only with SPL chars?

KS i play only SPL SC and i'm lookin for someone to MP.

I've used only selffound items. And i'm GMT 0

9. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

I play with what I have, no matter what version. My current lvl 97 sorc uses a 1.09 cold skiller and a 1.09 SoJ and most of the stuff I have was found with 1.09 items equiped, which means I'm also out.

I don't trade and I don't see the point in leaving some perfectly good 1.09 stuff behind that you can really use.

10. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

I have a (untwinked) SPL char, my latest necro. As you can read on the GO SPL Ladder.

I have a few other small problems though joining MP games:
    - he isn't at the WSK yet, allthough getting closer (Act V). He is added to the lvl 99 run, so running Baal is something that is planned on.
    - I don't have long or regular times to play (RL stuff like work, familiy, working around own house)
    - I am rarely online during gaming (dialup at home)

But if there is a forum or thread I could check, I could join some games some time. And as long as the hosting server has good connection, my dialup is no problem. (Technically I can host, but it's no fun joining)

Randall

11. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I don't either, however I don't find it fitting to find some items with other stats from earlier versions and bring them up to newer versions.

1.07 Harlequin, Grandfather, Baranar's, Gerke's, Arkaine's, Arreat's are some examples.

12. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to track some of you down when I start spinning up Baal runs. I think that anyone playing by SPL/SPF rules or 1.10 untwinked would be fine.

Again, I'm in no way trying to say that my way is better (I've got more than one 1.10 character leveled in 1.09 and loaded to the eyeballs with 1.07 gear), it's just the rules under which Brand was created and I'd like to keep him SPL.

Shermo - if we both make it to 98, I'll have to see about getting permission for an exibition game or two. :)

-KS

13. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

What this thread really points out is that nobody really judges what ruleset you play with. Be clear as to your expectations, and what rules you abide by, and people will respect that. Your ruleset is not all that uncommon that you won't find people willing to play with you. Vanilla 1.10 is probably the most common of the playstyles here. I don't MP, or else I could join you. I choose not to MP for many reasons. 'People suck' is up there in the top five. Not everyone... not necessarily you... just most.

In the MP thread if you post what rules you want people to obey, there's a darn good chance that people who join your game will abide by them. It's way too easy to cheat this game for someone to get their jollies by joining you and pretending to be legit.

14. Wraithan

Wraithan IncGamers Member

If it weren't for a mod I made for mine I would qualify. I made a mod that simply makes gems and runes show up with red text so I can see them. For those that think I am using MH, not true, just a edited TBL file. (I haven't traded since I modded my copy and am not sure how the trading/MP comunity would take me lol)

15. Aoshi Shinomori II

Aoshi Shinomori II Banned

I started long before 1.10 but I don't have any items from that time except for pgems(I always kept those but never really used them until now... i'm starting to cubing charms, jewels etc...) I have a lot of pgems from that time. Am I qualifyed?

16. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

You can count me in for sure. :) Unfortuantly this week @ work I close a lot :(

Second sad point is since my lvl 92 hammerdin has a goodly baal map I won't be joining with him... But I still do have other chars that love to kill waves of minions!