Does anyone here is Highschool Senior read Shakespeare? if

Bigrob

Banned
Does anyone here is Highschool Senior read Shakespeare?

I believe that during senior year u will read Shakespeare's work "Halmet". can anyone give me a plot summary about it? cuz i hate to read shakespeare and i dont want to fail the class. :rolleyes:

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
I believe that during senior year u will read Shakespeare's work "Helmet". can anyone give me a plot summary about it? cuz i hate to read shakespeare and i dont want to fail the class. :rolleyes:
First, it's "you"
Second, it's "Hamlet"
And third, Do your own homework

Bigrob

Banned
well, its italian language is hard to understand. im not native american and those shakespearan stuffs...

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
He has a thing for human skulls and his father gets freaked out and has people shoot arrows and sling stones at Hemlat.

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
He has a thing for human skulls and his father gets freaked out and has people shoot arrows and sling stones at Hemlat.
Alas poor Yorick, I knew him well.

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
I did it in grade 9..... in grade 12 we did king lear, but Hamlet is a pretty kickass play:thumbsup:
now i want to see that movie again, curse you

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I've made it into a choose-your-own-adventure:
Code:
Page 1

To be or not to be, that is the question.

Be(go to page 2)
Don't be(go to page 3)

Page 2

You are.

Page 3

You aren't.

The end.

Ron Burgundy

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone here is Highschool Senior read Shakespeare?

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

ziggy7483

Diabloii.Net Member
Hamlet PWNS Macbeth dude

Hamlet is a good read compared to your alternatives. You ever try to read David Copperfield by that Dickens character. That one sucks hard. Literary Diarrhea.

We "studied" (read aloud in class and wrote a paper lol) Hamlet back when I was a senior. The play's the thing is good, Rosencrantz and Guilderstern9sp?) are freaking morons, and everyone dies at the end! Woot! If they remake it again, Disturbed could do the soundtrack!

We watched both movies of Hamlet, too. The first one is old with Mel Gibson, the second starred Kenneth Branaugh and was a TNT Original Movie, I think. If you ever get a chance, I recomend the one with Branaugh, you'll not get bored so easy.

The first with Mel was set in your Generic Dark Age, while the second was set in a relatively more modern colorful atmosphere. Reminded me of a popular view of Pre-Communist Russia, but I'm no history buff. It just looked pretty.

And Ophelia is nuts!

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Dredd said:
I see that BigRob isn't the only person in this thread who's never read Hamlet. :lol:
Alas, my high school education and memorization of such plays was very long ago ...

I did, however, read Classics Illustrated as a child and I have been to Stratford upon Avon.

"Good friend, for Jesus´ sake forbeare / To digg the dust enclosed here! / Blest be ye man that spares thes stones / And curst be he that moues my bones."

;)

Rius666

Diabloii.Net Member
ziggy7483 said:
Hamlet PWNS Macbeth dude

Hamlet is a good read compared to your alternatives. You ever try to read David Copperfield by that Dickens character. That one sucks hard. Literary Diarrhea.

We "studied" (read aloud in class and wrote a paper lol) Hamlet back when I was a senior. The play's the thing is good, Rosencrantz and Guilderstern9sp?) are freaking morons, and everyone dies at the end! Woot! If they remake it again, Disturbed could do the soundtrack!

We watched both movies of Hamlet, too. The first one is old with Mel Gibson, the second starred Kenneth Branaugh and was a TNT Original Movie, I think. If you ever get a chance, I recomend the one with Branaugh, you'll not get bored so easy.

The first with Mel was set in your Generic Dark Age, while the second was set in a relatively more modern colorful atmosphere. Reminded me of a popular view of Pre-Communist Russia, but I'm no history buff. It just looked pretty.

And Ophelia is nuts!
Ah yes I loved Rosencranz and Guildenstern since they do provide the good comic relief that any decent play should have. I recommend that after you read Hamlet to go check out the play "Rosencranz and Guildenstern are Dead" by Tom Stoppard. You kinda have to be in the mood for it but if you are you will find it hilarious and offer many insights on just what they were doing while Hamlet sent them to their deaths.