Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does anyone have any information about a "Uber Rare" ??

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by LovelyGods, Mar 7, 2004.

1. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Does anyone have any information about a "Uber Rare" ??

i've heard the tall tales, the stories.

But does anyone actualy know how to get a elusive rare item?

im talking about those 300+ ed weapons with Fool's Mods (for those who don't know what fool's is its XXdamage per char lvl , XXattackrating per char lvl )

i've never seen one before.

Whats the highest ed possible for a Fool's Mod ??

Can they be crafted using the cube recipy ::: 1 x Soj + P.Skul ??

Can they be gambled?

Are they only found in hell act 5 from a high lvl monsters?

Does anyone know about these "better then BoTD" rares?

2. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

I heard of an etheral phase with 333 ED and fools mod but here is my
    personal one I use on my conviction/zealot.

http://users.aol.com/drwho74/phase.jpg

3. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

I have something that sort of fits your question, its ed% is kinda low but it has the fools mod. I think I found it in the Pit, but I honestly dont remember.

Stats listed as they are sitting on a lvl 1 mule, basically without anything added from the fools mods.

Wraith Song
    Flying Axe
    Throw dmg 48-201
    1 Hand dmg 55-198
    5% chance to cast lvl 1 Amp dmg
    206% Ed
    +3 to min dmg
    +203 to AR
    + Max dmg based on clvl
    + Ar based on clvl

Might be cool on a throw barb or something.

MajorB

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

they sure do exist. Someone on this forum owns an ethereal Balrog Blade with selfrepair,ias, 3xx%ed and LL (no fool mod, but who needs ar when you use angelics ;)) She briefly showed it to me, her barb was using it, and i think the dmg 2handed was something like 300-680. Its been a while since I've seen that lovely sword, so dont shoot me if the dmg is a bit to low/high :)

EDIT: I think she found it in the Pit

5. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Lovelygod´s well the highest i have seen and own is a 260%ed +fool´s ward bow, but on the statistics forum about two monts ago there appeared someone that was able to craft a 33x%ed+fool´s BerzerkerAxe, at the beginning RTB and the like thought he was lying because the max on rares was 300%+fool´s, the next day the guy uploaded a picture and there it was.. a crafted BA, not a rare one, the guy didn´t know that there was a difference between crafted items and rares...

Edit about the other question:
    Highest on rares= 300%+Fool´s, this comes because fool´s is in the same kind of prefix as Grandmaster for rares, so it cannot appear if the weapon has GM(200%ed +XXXAR)

Highest on crafted weapons: +360% ed, this is getting a perfect cruel along a perfect +60%extra enhanced dmg from either a Blood Axe recipe or a Hit Power Blunt weapon, for anyone interested the recipes are:

Magical Axe (any)
    + Jewel (any)
    + Ort Rune (#9)
    + Perfect Ruby

Magical Blunt Weapon
    + 1 Jewel (any)
    + Tir Rune (#3)
    + Perfect Sapphire

6. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

you can get 450% ed on rares and 510% ed on crafted...dunno what youre talking about

phelix

7. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

If you don´t know what i am talking about then please re-read the entire thread...

To make it easy: that is the max ed% possible on a weapon that also has the prefix Fool´s (fool´s= +.5 max dmg/ch lvl and +a buttload of ar/ch lvl). what you said is the total max ed% on rares/crafted BUT Fool´s doesn´t let any prefix that gives ed% and AR appear at the same time, that is why it is actually smaller but it can be very desirable for meleers...

Edit: lets just try to answer the other questions Lovely made :D

Can they be crafted using the cube recipy ::: 1 x Soj + P.Skul ??
    Yes they can, off course that it will depend on the starting item lvl of the rare rerolled that way.

Can they be gambled?
    Yes they can, again the lvl in which they can be gambled is important to know, i don´t know the minimum lvl at which you can gamble those rares, i think that a quick question at the statistic forums is in order...

Are they only found in hell act 5 from a high lvl monsters?
    Nope, they can be found most surely from hell A1 or from NM baal at least (the bow came from him), again a quick question is in order...

Does anyone know about these "better then BoTD" rares?
    Well i know that the stats for them to actually be better than a BoTD vary wildly, for example a 300%ed+fool´s+40%ias+2 sockets crystal sword may not look like much, but when elited it will be equivalent to a +500%ed *normal* phase blade with fool´s and the socks would be filled depending of the char that will use it, for this same example you could use two ed/ias jewel and use it as a 7/4 Fury weapon on a werewolf... the uses would vary from weapon to weapon IMHO.... My ward bow as another example will be used in a Hunter... i already tested it and with max HoW it can easyly get 10-11k AR without investment into dext...

Edit 2: The best bet IMHO to get those rares is something like eldritch runs... those are vfast runs of a superunique, who cares if he isn´t the best unique/set dropper in the game? he is more than high enough of a lvl and fast to reach/easy to kill to warrant a good ammount of rares in short time, he has netted me most of my good rares just from the first few weeks of the ladder when i couldn´t mf in a better place...

Edit #3(man do i love editing or what?) hehe just noticed i said grandmaster´s and specifically mentioned that it was 200%ed+AR, well i said something wrong there, for rares it is Masters with a max of 150%ed+AR, the rest of the post is ok.

8. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i have found suwayyah with 404ed and +1 assassin skill, on uswest ladder, a friend is using atm, it dont have ias, but nice dmg, almost 300max.

another i have,
    rare falcata with
    +2 pally
    +40%ias
    +276%ed
    +133Ar
    9-15 fire dmg
    repairs 1 dur in 33 sec

i am still looking for an ethereal sword with awsome ed and ias to upg to a phase blade, perhaps it can have 2 sockets or fools too :lol:
    we can all dream huh :sleep:

9. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

i have Ladder Executioner sword 10 ias 285 ed and Fool's (some other non-important stuff too)
    [​IMG]

so, i use maphack, but its not on bnet. its another realm.

10. breez

breez IncGamers Member

"Ladder" only exists in Bnet so....

11. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Thats D2Loader...

12. breez

breez IncGamers Member

Plain D2Loader doesn't do that.

13. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

thats maphak and i play on a non ofiical realm.

14. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

I found a eth Dimensional Blade about a week ago with these stats:
    The only stat im not sure about is the 6 ll, that might have been on another sword i found. Ill try to post a pic when i get home.

291% ed
    6 ll
    + Max, Ar Based on Char lvl (Fools Right?)
    2 soc

I thought it was pretty sweet but havent taken the time to upgrade it yet because its on ladder and i dont want to use a um since i dont have a char that can use it yet.

15. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

16. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

ok those are neat ideas.

So crafted Blood Axes can generate more damage / fools mods then those rares?

I'll try crafting some too... See what i get.

O yea today i saw a pala with a rare zerk axe 298 ed / fools mods. did more damage then any botd zerk. hehe..gg..

Edit 1: Does it matter what type of axe you use. Ie. War axe , Naga , Zerk, to roll out a high end ed / fool's weapon?

17. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Blood axes can spawn really great mods, just need to have a ton of luck and a lot of supplies. Apparently without the fool's mod they can spawn up to 540%ed (about 153-454 one handed damage).

Blood Weapon:
    Magic Normal/Exceptional/Elite Axe
    Ort Rune
    Perfect Ruby
    Any Jewel

sunbearie: "...Otherwise, try crafting some blood axes as they can spawn with a possible 540%ED!"

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=147351

18. toolthegod

toolthegod IncGamers Member

On a pit run a rare reinforced mace dropped with 286% ed and fool's mod and ML/LL +str,and other mods.
    my lvl 72 pally has it now. When my gloves kick in I have like 28k ar and it does over 250 max dmg.
    west non-ladder btw
    I shael'ed it, but would a ed/ias jewel give me the same break point with max fanat??

19. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

I was pretty happy finding a 416%ED, 30% IAS w/other mods Elegant Blade. had a 34%ED jewel, so I socketed for an even 450%ED. Does around 210 average damage, but it's hella fast.

20. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member