Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does anyone else have trouble using WW in MP Games?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TraxisX, Mar 24, 2004.

1. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Does anyone else have trouble using WW in MP Games?

I sure do. I think it has something to do with the fact that in SP games, the fps is capped at 25, but in MP games it is 75. It makes it seem like my Barb is moving slower, but maybe it is just my imagination. Does anyone know if this really has an effect on how my Barb WWs, even if it only affects the display? It is really causing me some trouble timing and aiming my WWs.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

the ww is not synced compleatly betwwen the server and your computer in mp games as far as i know therfor your barb really arent where he seems to be at all times in mp games.

this of course makes it much more dangerous in mp games to use ww

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

pff, and when do barbs kill in the MP games nowadays? its all about stupid Blizz sorcs, hammerdins, frickin skelliwurms and so kind of stupid fury guy who cant stop winding :lol:

nah just kidding, never noticed it, maybe your connection isn't too good which makes you lag a little? i have really no clue, im making a WW'barb for myself right now, polearm that is so i'll keep you updated ;)

robin

4. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

I used to have the same problem, and lone_wolf is unfortunatly correct, even if we are wrong the fps would not effect your hits each ww as there are no changes in the skill calculations in mp, have you considered the fact that ww has now been changed in the way it hits- the attacks are now equally spread over the distance in which you ww, or thats what i heard on the barb forum, either way you should try and ww over shorter distances and be as precise as possible, and always play with the FPS (i think) screen up, that way you can tell when you miss if its really the game or just lag.

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Word, man, especially that stupid LF javazon named what? Anyway it starts with a C. Just keep pump out LF non stop, lagging even my brand new machine, I can only pity people who have older machines. :p :lol:

Back on topic, yeah, WW is totally out of sync in MP. Even when I charged up with frenzy, it still ww at the same speed as before (which should pass the entire group in a sec during SP), then sometimes before the animation is finished, he just suddenly appear at the destination. It's best to go around target in triangle instead of through the mob, so even if you are out of sync, you are less likely to get into dangerous situations.