Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does anyone actually play through the game anymore?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Zuyx, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Zuyx

Zuyx Diabloii.Net Member

Does anyone actually play through the game anymore?

When ever I get onto battle.net now, all I see are people doing trist,tomb, chaos,baal, whatever runs to powerlevel and getting rushed.

I feel like there is no one actually playing through and having fun with the game. It had no just become follow a bot around to level.

The only time I can play through a character now is when my friends are on, which isn't that often due to real life priorities. I'm sure there are lots of people on here who have played through the game countless times, and I guess I understand powerleveling and such. But what is the fun in getting the game and then being level 70 plus in a day.

2. caughtjoo

caughtjoo Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Does anyone actually play through the game anymore?

I'm up to 75 now since the reset :)

(Although its still too simple as a Sorc)

3. DragonChi

DragonChi Diabloii.Net Member

I play through the game properly all the time, your not alone.

4. DjSlayer

DjSlayer Diabloii.Net Member

I've done that the last 4 seasons, this I've partially skipped norm and nm as i really wanted to get to hell fast, 4 untwinked hammerdongs now i play a summoner and is stuck in act 2 hell because of the narrow passages in the maggot lair. If the character is for PvP I dont bother, it would be too time consuming. I like to watch the gear and the character evolve from a fragile being to a more powerfull entity.

- D.J.

5. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

That's battlenet for you.

Come to single player, then you are pretty much forced to play trough the game :)

6. butchie

butchie Diabloii.Net Member

I usually play through with one char each season. I rush the rest of my toons.

7. BRKO

BRKO Diabloii.Net Member

I always play through the whole game on my own. Thats why I manage only 1 toon per ladder. I have managed to play approx an hour every day since the reset and my char turned level 30 yesterday which is a hasty start for me :)

8. ruk

ruk Diabloii.Net Member

this. i always solo a sin untwinked to hell a5 by myself then start baaling with friends and rushing any other char i make. always have a solo char that nevers picks up items in pubs etc. but mostly the people you see rushing rush all their chars lol... i just don't feel a sense of accomplishment if i haven't completed the game, by myself, on my favorite character. plus, you get bragging rights if you have awesome equip.

9. enginekid

enginekid Diabloii.Net Member

i have played through the whole game. just started this game in August...yes i know, i am ten years too late. but haha this game is lots of fun even though it's old.

10. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Quoted for truth.

11. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

I have my own playing speed/style so I prefer to solo to HC guardianship normally without trading anything in to the character. Did it for the first character of this ladder within the week (dragging two mules along in the process) but that's too much gaming.

If and when the sorceress gets to level 90 she might get tweaked with the mule runes and socketing. :coffee:

12. CrimsonBishop

CrimsonBishop Diabloii.Net Member

I play through the game with every character unless they are mules. I never understood why people rush through the game so much. There isn't much of an end game, besides pvp or ladder running to 99, so what is everyone rushing to do?

Right now I am doing full clears of every area of the game. My first character of the new ladder is only in act 2 nightmare at level 53.

13. redground

redground Diabloii.Net Member

To some people the fun of the game is building the char and not playing trough the quests.

Some people just want to have a pretty awesome char do play around and they need to get lvl up fast as soon as possible to start collecting items.

14. Lazaro

Lazaro Diabloii.Net Member

I always play all the game and get all wp...I dont know, If I skip it, I feel like I have not completed the game! lol.

15. Zorrah

Zorrah Diabloii.Net Member

I don't really rush much of anything. I play through normal pretty quick, but that's about it. I'm doing a lot of Baal nightmare runs on my barbarian, but that's because he dies pretty quickly in hell.

16. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

I had some hard drive issues so rather than risk an untimely hc death I did a solo speed run playing a hc summoner.

Leaving act 1 normal in 1 hour 37 minutes, act 2 in 1 hour 28 minutes, act 3 in 1 hour 10 minutes and act 4 at level 24 in 41 minutes.

That made a change. :whistling:

17. jhtvman

jhtvman Diabloii.Net Member

I used to never play through. At the end of the day, I know that I'm going to spend a lot more time tweaking my end-game characters than leveling them up, so I refused to spend points on things that would eventually become worthless, as it would result in a lesser character than I could get through power leveling.

Now that respecs are part of the game, however, I'm much more open to playing the old fashioned way because I can wipe the slate clean when the time comes for my end-game setup.

18. Shaigon

Shaigon Diabloii.Net Member

Only really when the ladder resets. I played through solo up until about a3 hell where I had to resort to public games so I could have help killing cold immunes (this was with a blizz sorc).

Playing through the game is nice and all, but after a while it's just as boring as following a bot around IMO. I just keep switching up the areas I use to lvl and/or MF so I don't go insane doing the same thing over and over and over.

19. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop Diabloii.Net Member

I play every character through the game unless I get really lucky and run into a rusher.

Even if I get rushed for 5-10 levels in cows or something, I still play through the game.

20. reddude

reddude Diabloii.Net Member

Hate to say it, but I never play through anymore. I don't really enjoy myself when I do. It's boring and repetetive.

Though all I used to do when I was younger playing the game was make new characters and play through leveling them so that might be why. Did it WAAY to many times.

Now I mostly just pvp, so getting to high levels quick makes it more fun. Less leveling more killing :D