Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

does anybody plays classic anymore??

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PedPerBog, Feb 12, 2004.

1. PedPerBog

PedPerBog IncGamers Member

does anybody plays classic anymore??

i kinda feel i'm the only one, and that all u guys just play lod.

i know u'll aks so. i have spanish version of d2, i ask and was told that i need the spanish version of the expansion, which by the way i have never seen in my country. to tell the truth i haven't seen LOD in any store there :(

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Hmm, if I remember right, the paladin forum moderator is also from Spain, you could ask him about it, his name's Ragnarod. Other options for you would be to mail order it via the internet or some other means.

As for needing some specific language version, somehow I don't believe that for a second. You can always download the english language file too, the only thing in spanish after that would be the spoken words and movies, that is if they're translated to spanish in the first place for your version of the game.

In either case, haven't seen many classic players here, some have temporarily played it but that's about all...

anyway, I see you're rather new to the boards so welcome to the SPF :)

3. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's right, Ragnarod is from Spain, too. I'm quite sure he also plays the Spanish version as he said that the English language files didn't work for him. Just PM him and ask how he got the Spanish version.

Btw: Welcome to the forums! The only person I knew of who played classic was my brother up to one year ago. Then we gave him LoD for his birthday and since then he's hooked.

4. LordDamien

LordDamien IncGamers Member

Depends on what you mean by classic :) Up until 1.10 came out I played exclusively 1.06 and still do occasionnally. Any patch after that though and I play LOD mainly because I feel post 1.06 classic has almost all the gameplay changes of LOD without any of the cool loot :p

5. PedPerBog

thanks for the feedback guys, i'll try to contact ragnarod to ask about it.

6. Pucho

Pucho Banned

If I remember right, you are from Paraguay, vecino :)
    I used to play classic for the same reason as you, I couldnt get the spanish version of the xpac (@borlag, the game cannot install if D2C is in another language, I've bought an english version first and it ended in the trash, in pieces :teeth:)
    After a long wait I get a spanish version for sale here and here I am!
    BTW, the english lang files doesnt work for me either, I dont know why :(

7. PedPerBog

yep, i'm from paraguay. so you have an idea of the troubles looking for the game here pucho.
    thx for confirming that i need the spanish version of lod, as i thought.
    pd: tu eres de argentina, no pucho? que provincia? yo soy de asuncion.

8. Pucho

Pucho Banned

@PedPerBog, soy de Bs As, pero hace rato que vivo en Santa Fe
    D2classic is fun, I'd recomend you 1.06 and before that, just wait a little, spanish xpac will arrive there in no time, I get mine about a year and a half, and I really think that I was updated, but you say that its not for sale there...?
    If you can get the full D2 and LoD in english you are very lucky, b/c the spanish version has some bugs

saludos

Pucho

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Siempre se me olvida que haya tanta gente aqui que habla castellano. Que suerte tenemos ser un foro tan multicultural.

10. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

Just for the record, I got the spanish version of LoD from the store the day it was out, I had no idea it would be so difficult to find in Paraguay :(

You could either search for the spanish version of LoD, or get an english d2+LoD pack (which is priced at 40$ at blizzard's online store, though it seems it's currently out of stock)

Blizzard people don't sell anything else than english copies in their website, but they suggest checking with the local distributors, in your case:

Latin America: Colidata Entertainment Corp, [email protected]

Maybe you could drop them a mail too

11. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Wow, $40. a while ago I saw a pack with D1, D2, and their respective exp pack, plus a guide book for less than that in store.