Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does any hammerdin here can do hell baal run fast, without using engima?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kakitpro, Feb 25, 2004.

1. kakitpro

kakitpro IncGamers Member

Does any hammerdin here can do hell baal run fast, without using engima?

Hi
    My question is does anyone has a hammerdin who don't have engima and still can do baal run fast?
    If you have one, can you please tell me what kind of items you using?
    I wanna build a hammerdin to mf in Hell baal, but i don't have engima. So can you guys just help me?

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

it is quite simple, use the old paladin trick of shift+charge with vigor on. You can move around nearly as fast as a max frame teleporter. If you know what you are doing, you can move around faster. Use the mf gear you can get and make damnable sure you have good resists or you can get slaughtered by gloams. Good luck!

--welt

3. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

Just switch to Enigma not long ago.

Sure it's faster, but i was able to run without any real troubles with vigor on and a skullders as armor before... No big deal to reach last level as long as you have max resists like the previous poster said.

And max resists are: Wizardspike + UM' HoZ. Those 2 items are a MUST and you almost get all the resists you need right there so...

4. kakitpro

Did you try that before? I guess soul and the mage is the problem for me

5. kakitpro

by the way, I am in useast ladder
    I am going to use the following gear to build a hammerdin for hell baal mf (plz make any comment)
    -shako-ptopez
    -wizspike-Io
    -eyes of Etlich (coz i am poor, can't get mara's)
    -skin of viper (will switch to 4 socket p-topez)
    -magefist
    -Sandstorm Trek
    -ss ( coz i don't have hoz)
    -Verdugo's Hearty Cord (Mithril Coil) (+40vit)
    -raven frost and some rare cast ring with resist
    by the way, my zon have a 6% sheal wf, and i don't like zon anymore, should i trade the wf away? and what items should i get from the wf?

6. kakitpro

should i trade away my wf and get hoto or other items?

7. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

way too much faster cast, bud. for pvm, 30 is enough, and the 50% from the spike is a godsend to put you at 11 frames cast on it alone. I would probably put a resist all jewel in it if you can get one, or just a high lightning resist jewel. 4 perfect topaz armor is fine until you can get a better one. a good mf ammy would be better. I would consider going over to frostburns or chanceguards for gloves. little extra mf and whatnot. war travelers would be better boots, unless trek have mf on them or something. Not really sure. I would say you have a nice setup there, but I wouldn't trade any of your high stuff like windy away just to get better items when you are going to be finding them anyways. Just use what you find!

Good luck!
    --welt

8. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

i agree with most here. get some cheap mf gloves, shift charging is very useful. For cheap mf stuff, i recommend getting tancred's amulet and boots. the amulet gets 78% mf with one other set item, and the boots aren't TOO bad, since they give 30% r/w with another item. Since you have wizspike, i presume that resists shoudln't be too big of an issue, so the lack of them on those two shouldn't be such a big problem.

9. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

I have to disagree. I think 75fcr is a must and is not at al heard to get. Anything below 75fcr and you will be casting hammers very slowwwwwly. I have around 400 mf and i still have 75 fcr, and personally i think thats a good compromise.