Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

does a poison nova necro have a weakness? i'm thinking about making one...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by muteownz, Mar 30, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

does a poison nova necro have a weakness? i'm thinking about making one...

i was in a dueling game i had 75 poison resists and a lot of life and this poison necro ripped me a new one. alls he did was tp nova repeat. i couldnt touch him.. is there any way to beat these guys? i wana make a dueler that has the best chances against all classes. i've tried a bone necro with enimga but i dont seem to be doing as well as i thought i would. any suggestions comments etc? and yeah he was using deaths web cus i asked so that i know why my resists didnt help me much.

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Problem is, no 1 character is 100% immune to all other classes.

While a poison necro can and will be a very strong opponent. It is very easy to negate his dmg. Just like any other element. Matter of fact, you can negate it even more with poison length reduction and high poison resists. Tal'd Venom Ward is a great starting point fighting a poison necro.

It's not always items and builds, it's player skill. Some have it, some don't.

fluffy g
    :yep:

3. JettJagwar

JettJagwar IncGamers Member

try to avoid teh green stuff.

mr miyagi said it: "best defense no be there"

4. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Use your range to your advantage. He needs to come to you to get you with that Nova or he'll switch to a generally weak BS. If he intends to try to hit you with Nova make him go through a cloud of BS along the way. If he switchs to BS, you should be able to outgun him if you are a pure bone necro.

This is a matchup where the skill of the players will really come to bear.

5. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

ok maybe i just suck then. but i wasnt using enimga when i was dueling. someone kinda jacked it for a day. its hard to hit when he novas and tps 5 million times even if i do shoot some crap at him. :)

6. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

If your oppoent is using teleport, then obviously it puts you at a disadvantage. Even with 75 resists and massive life, pnova can take you out in 3-4 hits, sometimes less. Stacking resists and poison length reduction may help, but at the same time, you'll be giving up cast rate, skills, and life, which are more important imo.

Your best option here is to get an enigma yourself, then use a combination of bs/spear. Always have 3-4 bs trail him at all times. Then when he gets close to pnova, use spear and teeth to stun him. If yo're good with it, you can spear him to death. Alternatively you can use teeth the stop him for a brief moment and allow the speirits to catch up. Use your superior range to your advantage.

The above tactics still works if you dont have enigma, but it will be harder.

7. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

dual wield jae tan dos, or even wielding one, makes my poinecro grumble.

8. toader

toader Banned

Yes, a psn necro can be resisted. Very easily too.

But most people do not carry around the gear to do this like they do with other elements. Lightnging trappers and FOH anyone?

Its the same as with other classes. You have to stack enough resists to still maintain 95% resist all when they hit you with their negative resists from aura and deaths web.

Try this...you lose killing power, but what the hell does killing pwer matter if they cant hurt you:

Guardian Angel (90% psn resists) might wanna UM this as well
    Venom Grips or Andys Visage (95% psn resists)
    Then get a 3 socket sheild or/and 3 socket helm if your using venom grips and throw TAL runes in them.

3-socket sheild with all TALs = 105% psn resists
    3 socket helm with all TALs = 90% psn resists

This means that (with your other charms and gear), you should maintain 95% psn resists even when they lower you.

So If someone has a 6K dmg nova (standard, thats what mine is on my lvl 82 psn necro dueler) with about -100 (standard as well -55 curse, -45 wand)....

Factor in the PvP penalty (1/6), they do 1K psn dmg over 2 seconds. If you can maintain 95% resists, then thats only 50 dmg that you take.

In case anyone wanted to know how...this is the same method used for lighting also (if you wanna beat those awful trappers and FOHers) just substitue venomgrips for Tgods, and RAL runes for ORT runes...and bam, 95% resist lightning with +15 absorb.

But keep this a secret ok fellas....just for those here on the necro forums.

edit: yes I forgot about the Jade Tan Do...that will do the trick as well also. You still migth wanna stack resists from a helm or sheild thouhg...make you you still have 95% resists after you subtract -100 from your total gear in hell.

9. Curry-Chi

Curry-Chi IncGamers Member

So Basically you need to be a expert to become a Poison Necro since there are some peices of equipment that negates poison??

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

There are a lot of items that decrease poison damage and duration. These are easily found.

11. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

glads bane isnt bad either...

12. Starcrunch

Starcrunch IncGamers Member

If you're a bonemancer and the enemy is teleporting a lot you could try useing teeth...

I don't really duel but I have seen this done and it seems effective (actually from what I have read Teeth looks like an all around good PvP skill).

-Starcrunch

PS. Damn its a slow day in the lab I've had time to post 4 times.