Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Docturnal is back and looking for Dexazon tips

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Docturnal, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Docturnal

Docturnal IncGamers Member

Docturnal is back and looking for Dexazon tips

Hi everyone!
    My off again/on again switch has once again turned to on as I randomly found a WINDFORCE as my blizz sorc was trying to make her way through the vipers in act 2 hell...
    Obviously I have to make a bow based amazon and as I play Hc I though what better way to use a windforce than a dexazon?

The skills Ive planned on using is:
    maxed strafe, maxed FA, high Valk, 5ish points in multishot, some points to penetrate/pierce and rest into FA synergy.

Thus Id like some tips (never gotten a bowzon of any kind past nightmare)

what mid game gear should I try for?
    What end game gear? (mind you im not by any ways rich, but I do have a WF)
    how do I solve the traditional problems such as being ambushed when changing a level, gloams and other evil things with that low life?

2. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Re: Docturnal is back and looking for Dexazon tips

I guess some will have to ask a few questions. So I would ask a few to help them to get more details.

1. What gears do you have in mind? Any target/goal you have there?

2. Dexzon and HC, that's very brave, good luck, and don't die. The low life is a huge risk factor to lose your WF. Any reason why a dexzon?

3. What will be your main physical attack, strafe or MS? If it is strafe, what's the 5 points in MS for?

The hardest part will be door trap or other unavoidable situations, that you must have enough life to survive. minion and merc can only help to a degree. You either have to have crazy luck or crazy skills.

Edit: to survive with low life and not losing your WF - must have max resistant (or at least the important one), must have reasonable FHR, must not play racklessly (go slow)

3. Skinnyy

Skinnyy IncGamers Member

FA really isn't all that great without the synergy maxed. I would try to max it as soon as possible. Otherwise all you are doing is using a low damage mana-hog spell. Because of FA's mana-hog tendencies, Insight on the merc is a good option.

When changing a level, switch to a weapon/shield setup. Even if it is a really crappy blocking shield, with a dexazon you will have a high blocking rate.

Probably the toughest thing (at least for me) is getting decent resists on a bowazon (unless using witchwild string). And since you are hardcore you definitely want maxed resists. Because of that, you will probably end up needing to use a lot of resist charms, so don't plan on having much charm room for anything else.

And use slow missiles! One of the most underrated skills in the game. Seriously, it rocks.

For gear:
    midlevel I really like skystrike for a weapon. Then the rest depends on speed. It was recently discovered that 9/3 is the fastest strafe (formerly it was believed a 2 frame strafe was possible). Try to get to 9/3, and then look for resists, life, life/mana leech. A fervored stealskull is always nice.

Endgame:
    Laying of Hands
    Highlords Wrath
    Goreriders
    Armor with high resists (Skin of vipermagi, Smoke, Lionheart, and a lot of others)

The gear will be a tough balancing act, strafe like speed gear, but FA likes gear with +Skills and mana. An SOJ would be good. And you probably want a ravenfrost also. Since you are hardcore, T-Gods can help a lot against gloams.

4. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

I would second this advice. My ranger pally explores with his shield out and only switches to his bow when monsters are under control and being tanked by my merc. A shield gives you a margin of error when you get unexpectedly rushed by a group of fast monsters.

5. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I'll second the vote for Skystrike as a midlevel weapon. With strafe, the CTC meteor pwns through nightmare. Be sure you cast decoy ahead of you to scout out the area. Good luck!

- Noodle

6. Docturnal

thanx for all the advice. Ill listen to most of em and wont invest in multishot (the only reason its there is that one of my pals said multi was good for certain situations that strafe wasnt.)
    Perhaps later Ill chicken out and invest some in vitality but after all a windforce is only some pixels and some bits in a datafile. Not something that would ruin my life If i lost it.

7. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

Concerning the shield-trick, you could always consider Lightning Fury as a secondary skill as PI back up for Strafe. Just keep something like Titan's & Spirit on switch. It's really cheap too, since you wont need any more than 20 points in the skill to make it effective enough.

8. whommy

whommy IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, there's no feasible way to get 154 strength (needed for a 4 OS shield), so Spirit is pretty much out of the question. Fortunately, there are plenty of other good shields out there. Though none with +2 skills.

Good luck on the zon! My only advice is: play slooooooowly.

9. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

If he's using wf there's not a huge leape to monarch.

GL to OP

10. Docturnal

perhaps lf is a smarter way to go... I do actually have a titan and it will give me a third damage source if I use a holy freeze merc (since the bosses wont be the big problem I guess I should). It does seem that either way I should do some targeted mf-ing before stepping up to high level play. (my only thundergod's is etheral and It seems Ive lost even things so basic as a ravenfrost). Well thats what my blizzie is for I guess.

11. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I want to make a similar dexazon for No-Vita tourney (read - untwinked HC).
    Skills will be something like 20FA,20cold arrow,20Valk,10+Strafe,some in pierce prereqs and 1pt wonders. The key for strafe is knockback. Without it, you are quite vulnerable in HC when in strafe-lock.
    I also have a twinked Windforce 2frame SC Strafer and she is quite fragile when not playing cautiously.

12. Tigereye

Tigereye IncGamers Member

I think there is something about 2frame strafe was not possible, Flayed One mentioned it in this thread.