Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[DOA] PvP Challenge!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Liquid_Evil, Oct 2, 2006.

?

test 0?

1. test 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. test 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

[DOA] PvP Challenge!

What's going on?
    This is a 2v2v2 battle royale. Three teams enter the Blood Moor and just one leaves.
    Teams can consist of previously built characters or new ones can be made to combat the new threat of a large brawl.

Who's involved?
    Three teams, six players.
    Team Delta- Doomas & Sablast
    Team Omega- kabal & denton
    Team Alpha- Liquid_Evil & Zhao_Yue

The first letter of each team spelled out a keen, DOA, dead or alive, acronym. Twist of fate or just badass coincidence?

How do you win?
    Each team signifies readiness in a cleared Blood Moor. A battle proceeds. Each character kill is recorded and one point is awarded for each. First team to 15 points, wins. We rinse and repeat the fighting until a team breaks the magic 15 mark. (This is to force play and keep defensive strategies limited)

The points are simple. They are based on the "xxx was slain by xxx" messages. A point goes to the team that kills the opponent. As soon as a team has won (all four opponents are dead), the match is over and points will stop being awarded until the start of the next match. All players get to heal and get ready for the next bout.

What are the rules?
    We fight in Hell. Standard BM rules apply.
    No potions, mercs, wells, or shrines.
    No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armor.
    No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
    No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, or Bone Prison.
    No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
    No curse charges. Chance to cast is acceptable.
    No overabsorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak.
    Currently, kabal is scheduled to host. If we can find a neutral guy on the U.S. east coast with an awesome connection, that could work too.

When's this going down?
    Saturday, October 21, 2006. Actual time to be worked out among players.
    No postpones. If a player doesn't show, his team duels without him.

What's at stake?
    Honor and dignity I suppose. Perhaps some new avatars for the losers? You can help us decide if you have a superb and deliciously humiliating idea for the four non-winners to do.

2. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Hm, cannot vote not knowing who will play with which char :undecided:

If there's isn't Assassin in any of other teams I guess that Tornado spaming abomination will pwn everyone :smiley:

Can someone record this epic battle?

3. Denton

Denton IncGamers Member

(C)nex "Hm, cannot vote not knowing who will play with which char"

Bah. Kabal and Denton are going to win. Does it matter what chars? Skill kills baby.

Edit: I'll consider on recording... with fraps. I have to see what my CPU has to say about that. Otherwise my PC should be up to it.

4. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

So who is bringing who? My vote will depend on that.

crg

5. Pucho

Pucho Banned

I'd like to know which chars are going to be used aswell, but I'm pretty parcial to liq & zhao team

6. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

Kabal and Denton have a great chance to win, mainly because of Kab's experience on PvP, although the same can be said of Liquid_Evil & Zhao_Yue :scratch:

Is this a rematch of TUB's defeat at LE and Zhao!? :scratch:

7. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

I voted for Team Alpha because Zhao told me I can have his babies if they win.

8. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Defeat from within? Zhao might be a saboteur ...

@Toppo: Nasty?!? First Nacaa goes bonkers on me and now this, although I must carry on the bloodline somehow ...

9. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

FRAPS made D2 skip frames when I tried to use it in MP, although it works just fine in SP. Maybe it won't be a problem f someone other than the host records.

I'm not sure if anyone is going to reveal characters before this goes down, but I know that I'll be making a new character for this.

10. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

meh.

I'll tell you my vote right after you pass me a beer!!!!

Just what kind of a poll is this, anyways??? :rolleyes:

11. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

My vote goes to kab and denton.

crg

12. Suiling

Suiling Banned

If the time zone are prefect, i'm up and will record it with fraps.

13. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Good, you found someone :smiley: Without knowing which characters are to be used I'm rooting LE and Zhao, just well you know... *winks* (basically I somewhat know what chars people have right now and if Kab is switching...)

14. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

LE with a little help from Zhao. after that is done kill Zhao too

15. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Ah, another moor show down. Cool. I have no idea who'll win but two flips with a coin decided omega.

16. Denton

Denton IncGamers Member

Yey. FRAPS seems to be working fine*. But, I'll need to free up a few ten gigabytes** of HDD space(in case the duels get long) and defragment it by the event day. :duh:

*When recording, FRAPS synchronizes the framerate to the one chosen from it's recording options. In the case of D2, 25 FPS is of course the most logical one to choose, as (almost?) everything on the screen - except for the cursor, which seems to update at full framerate in MP games - updates at 25 FPS, even though D2's framerate is unlimited in a MP game.

**FRAPS records raw, or almost raw bitmap frames, which in practice means over 2 gigabytes per ~3 minutes at 800x600, 25 FPS.

17. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

I would like to test kabs host( cmon...sign into msn sometimes), and maby some other east coasters, mainly becouse euro guys gona have some probs with ping.

But lets face it...kab still suffers from his cut ear from last "TUB chalange":rolleyes: Denton havent played the game for few months, LE gona get drunk on main event (and his gf will have to substitute him)...and zhao intensivly tries to carry on his bloodline...Delta ftw:wink3:

18. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Well, we have now have the option of a UK host. (If we decide to do it, there goes Team Omegas only leverage)

I am -7:00GMT and I don't think it will matter who hosts (whether kab or Thyiad) for me at least. I don't care, but I'll let you guys decide. kabal or Thyiad? We can do a dry run if you guys want to see the lag conditions. Also, we need to set a time to do this on Saturday. I can do it most any time that day, 9am-6pm, though somewhere around 12:00 noon would work best for me. What is everyone's preference and timezone?

The once mighty TUB has fallen from grace. Doomas is more concerned with chugging mana pots than dueling strategies. Sablast is known for his druid...druids in pvp?? rofl wtf. And who's Denton?

I mean, come on, if the poll is any indication of how this match will go (and it is), then Delta and Omega better be praying to the D2 gods (me and zhao) that some terrible accident befalls us and NEITHER of us will be able to make it Saturday, because that's the only situation I can see us not scoring every point of every duel set. Pwn!

19. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

Only terrible accident that WILL happen is that Alpha and Omega teams will suffer greatly from Doomas and me, in the Moor.
    Judging by the poll, we are considered to be underdogs, and underdogs will bite hard

20. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

we have 3 americans and 3 euro guys we could have arranegd diferent teams to get best possible combo (for ping)...but liq shares strange love for zhao..and I have no porblems with that:thumbsup:
    edit: and liq, dont try to bring your little dogy, coz you gona cry loudly when he will be put to sleep...:tongue: