do you use the temp-perm trick

Which will you play?

• Barbarian - I like to crush players old fashioned-melee style.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wizard - I think that it is the most destructive ranged class.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Demon Hunter - I think that the combo of ranged attack, traps and vault will makes a deadly class

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Monk - I like to crush players in a flashy, combo melee style.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Witch Doctor - Pets, crowd control and ranged damage over time and direct damage spells.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
do you use the temp-perm trick

So, as kalvydas said, there should be a poll in this forums "who use the temp-perm trick". Btw, this is the first poll i am making.

I don't use the trick, just because i think it doesn't make any sense. How could a quick trade then save&exit would perm your stuff for a game?

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
thx BabyLink for making this poll.
I dont know if its my luck or that, but all my HRs that poofed (4 to this day), did that when I got c/i or simply left game. And none of HR poofed after I left game using temp-perm trick. So yes, I use this temp-perm trick :)

EDITED:temp-perm method: you ask another player to trade and after getting to the trade screen you just cancel trade and leave game as quickly as possible.

And from one diablo trade site:"Don't carry unperm items around with you from game to game. Keep them on a character you don't often use until you're ready to use them.
Trade-Cancel immediately before you leave every game. Opening a tradescreen with another player and closing it will remove deletion flags from your items. Deletion flags may be reapplied to your item if you do not leave immediately after doing this.
Placing an unperm jewel in a socket will effectively perm it. You won't have to worry about your unperm jewel disappearing once it has been used"

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
asking for a trade with someone, then as soon as he accept, you cancel the trade ans leave te game

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know whether it works or not, but I think it's worth trying if there's a slight chance to save my high runes.

GaArchAnGeL

Diabloii.Net Member
Even though there is no evidence showing this does/doesn't work, theres no harm in doing it.
Edit: i voted 'yes'

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't really believe in it, and I never ask to do so, but I tend to do so if the other player offers to do it for me. It can't hurt, and it's nice not to turn someone down when they offer you a favor.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
1. People talk a lot, but really, there's no way to know what kind of coding is going on realmside.
2. You're not going to be able to "beat" a computer by leaving "quickly".

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
You're not going to be able to "beat" a computer by leaving "quickly".
second
if bliz found a method to keep dups that worked that easily they would have patched it already

BloZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone had told me that the game only checks for items in the inventory/character/stash. So when you do the temp perm trick, it's as if the items were in the trade window (huh?). If you leave quickly, the items are not checked because they're in the trade window.

It doesn't make sense, since your items are replaced in your inventory after a trade, and if you don't move any item to the trade window, it stays in your inventory. I guess that means you can never believe someone on Battle.net.

I don't believe that kind of stuff, but I don't mind if someone offers me to do it. Who knows. It might work 1% chance.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I rarely ever trade for stuff, and if it was a dupe I'd actually rather it poofed. I may have just been screwed on the deal, but better that than be a contributor to people making the game less challenging and fun.

2. You're not going to be able to "beat" a computer by leaving "quickly".
The realm server sure beats me when I do things quickly.

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
seems you were wrong, kalvydas, it's mostly "no"
yeah, but from my personal experience, at least 90% of all my trades (when dealing with HRs) on bnet with people from this forum or complete strangers ended with ask for temp-perm and offer to come back with other char and tem-perm me.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
seems you were wrong, kalvydas, it's mostly "no"
Then again, this community is a very different one from the average bnetter. The majority of people I know who use dupes on bnet tend to demand a temp perm thing before they leave a game. On these forums, we tend to weed out the lowest level of bnetters, the ones who will believe anything told to them, and those that get weeded out learn things over time - like why a temp perm method wouldn't work.

::Edit:: voted no, btw.

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
Then again, this community is a very different one from the average bnetter. The majority of people I know who use dupes on bnet tend to demand a temp perm thing before they leave a game. On these forums, we tend to weed out the lowest level of bnetters, the ones who will believe anything told to them, and those that get weeded out learn things over time - like why a temp perm method wouldn't work.

::Edit:: voted no, btw.
And also we can find lots of players on bnet who believe that sorc with meteor reduces experience

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
we can find lots of noobs on bnet, too...
Why is there far less noobs on forums ? Because subscribing to a forum is already in itself a step towards knowledge. If you spend your time spreading rumours around, without trying to know what's behind them, you don't even feel the need to subscribe to such a forum :rolleyes:. And yes, I do believe it's also a matter of maturity : a kid obviously won't have the same critical/scientific approach as a teen-ager, or an adult :wink:.