Do you think blizzard will destroy diablo 2 as well?

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
So with the whole warcraft 3 reforged disaster, do you think blizzard is going to mess up diablo 2 as well? If you think about it, they did not only mess up warcraft 3 reforged, they also got rid of the old version of warcraft 3, so we can't even play the old version of the game anymore. I'm personally a bit worried that they might do the same thing with diablo 2, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
write a proper title

d2 is already messed up, still tons of bugs and imbalances.

There are 100 new games being released each day, I am pretty sure that you can find something

Last edited:

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
So after the whole reforged disaster, do you think blizzard is going to mess up diablo 2 as well? If you think about it, they did not only mess up warcraft 3 reforged, they also got rid of the old version of warcraft 3, so we can't even play the old version of the game anymore. I am personally really worried that they are going to do the same thing with diablo 2, but what do you guys think?
It's a valid concern. They don't seem to have any regard for legacy games any longer or for old players.

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
It seems like it. I guess the best course of action for me is to simply stop buying their games. I just hope they won't mess up the rest of their old classics.

Last edited:

Valhauros

Diabloii.Net Member
Extremely likely. I was sounding like those tinfoil haters with sings that say "End of Times" to anyone I knew IRL after StarCraft: Remastered launched, saying that it didn't matter that S:R looked better, that the fact that they deleted the original game and forced people to eat the "upgrade" was a very worrisome precedent. Now both games can only be played Single Player in their original forms through 3rd party downloads, with some very gimped and (understandably) convoluted multiplayer options.

Play multiplayer Diablo 2 as much as you can now because the moment they announce the remaster, it'll never be the same.

Ancient Greek Necromancer

Diabloii.Net Member
It is already problematic. DRM may not be "always online", but from what others noticed, it needs to connect from time to time, in order to validate and allow access. Which means, no fully 100% offline Single Player. DRM for me, is a partycrusher and a moodkiller, so i wouldn't endure it even if they paid me to (i always run Diablo 2 with NoCD, whenever not playing a modern version). Besides, the new graphics seem to be cartoonish and WOW-ish much, colorful, with less gory/dark feel. Both DRM and new artwork, had been what made me stay the hell away from Diablo 3 in the first place anyway; so, i think i ain't touching the Diablo 2 "demaster", either!

On the pros side, Blizzard said there is going to be mod compatibility, the stash is expanded somewhat (although nothing great like Plugy) and there is a small number of mostly useless, quality of life improvements, such as cash being auto-picked up. Sorry, but i simply cannot find it to my heart, paying 40 bucks for a game that i already own twice. The things it adds is your typical modder's free tweaks and whatnot.