Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aradhai, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

Do you smoke?

In relation to my recent thread, I made this one too. Please Answer these questions.

1. Age?
    2. Sex?
    3. Do you smoke?
    4. What are your thoughts on smoking?

For those who answered yes in question 3...

5. How did you start smoking?
    6. Why do you still smoke?

Thanks,
    Jake.

2. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

2.Male
    3.Not tobacco.
    4.Both of my parents smoke (mom about 7 cigs a day, stepdad about 15). As a result, i hate smoking, i hate the smell, and i hate what it's doing to their bodies. I always bug them and all my smoking friends to stop, but i still think it should be legal, and allowed in bars (NYC recently had a ban to stop smoking in bars which are private establishments because of second-hand smoke BS.)

To sum it up: My parents smoke so i won't have to.

3. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Yes please.....Um I mean male.

No.

Smoking is for weak minded sissies.

4. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Smokin' hot

Do you smoke?: No

What are your thoughts about smoking?: It's government sanctioned suicide

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

1) 22
    2) M
    3) No
    4) Want to know what i think? Ban it completely, i don't give a damn if smuggling increases astronomically. Smoking has a direct harmful effect on nearby people who inhale the fumes (unless someone wants to tell me that the 1394871948174 carcinogens in cigarette smoke are good for the human body) so there is no way that it's practice can be justified. Of course such a total ban will never happen because the government rolls around in money from cigarette taxation.

6. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

An Austin Powers fan?

7. DrunkPotHead

Enjoyed prohibition much? I'm sure the increased crime rate and huge revenue loss is worth it...

Name three people (which can be verified through a reliable source) who have died as a result of second-hand smoke. It should be easy considering the newest commercials are saying that 53,000 people die of second-hand smoke each year.

I think i'm going to be waiting awhile though.

8. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

1. 26
    2. Male
    3. Yes
    4. If you haven't started, DONT!
    5. Lit up a cig...
    6. Cos I'm addicted

KnightFall

9. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

1) 21
    2) M
    3) Nope
    4) I don't like it, it smells gross, and I hate breathing other people's smoke just because they decided to light one up near me. That said, if you want to do it in your own house, or away from me, I don't really care that much, but I don't think tax dollars should go for medical care to those who spent their lives smoking even though they new how bad it was.

10. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

What? Your not serious? I thought smoking was good for me and those around me...

I agree with that actually, and I smoke... ^^

KnightFall

11. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

1. 27
    2. M
    3. HELL NO
    4. If I was honest about this I would be banned. Let's just say I hate it and think poorly of those who smoke.

Regarding the debate on 2nd hand smoke: DPH, I see where you're coming from with trying to find people who have died as a result of second hand smoke. It would be an easy way to refute the dangers of 2nd hand smoke if we can't come up with three fatalities. But regardless of that, does anyone really think the stuff is good for you? What if it doesn't kill you... just makes you cough and cough and cough... makes you sick... gives you stomachaches... makes you stink... does none of that matter because it didn't kill you? It need not be fatal to be harmful. Numerous studies have shown the contents of ciggie smoke to be full of poisons... I don't think I need yet another study to tell me that poisons might kill someone.

12. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

I like the smell of cigarettes. It reminds me of burning.

13. DrunkPotHead

I know cigarrette smoke is bad for you, but only as bad (possibly a little better or worse depending on where you live) as air polution that we breath everyday anyway. I also know it smells horrible, and i hate the smell. But i also hate the smell if someone farts next to me.

14. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

Yeah I agree with ya there...

I wonder if anyone's detected a verifiable health risk to inhaling farts?

15. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

1. 21
    2. Male
    3. Kinda

4. First off, I am appalled at the amount of hate in this thread from people I thought were reasonable and level headed. Smoking is a personal choice, and as long as no one is blowing smoke in your face you have no right to have the kind of hatred that you do. Smoking in public places is an entirely different issue, and I personally love that in New England restaurants are all non-smoking. But if someone is smoking in their private residence it is absolutely none of anyones business what they choose to put in their body.

5. I only recently started smoking, and only when drunk and out with my friends that smoke. (So like maybe 3-4 cigs a week.) The nicotine-alcohol combination is simply splendid. I am however taking the summer off from cigarettes, if not forever. I think I do enough damage to my body with alcohol that I should spare it the additional cig damage.

6. Well if I smoke in the future it's because I enjoy the buzz of nicotine when I'm drunk. It's also a really great way to get a girl who is a smoker to go home with you. Ask her to grab a cig with you away from the party and then make a move. Usually quite effective.

16. Necrolestes

Life's a gas, then you die

My parent's cat used to hide out under their covers until one night when my father had a few too many beans and the cat ran out from under the covers gasping for fresh air.

Cigarette smoke is more concentrated than air pollution (unless you live next to a smokestack or a highway) because there's less air between the nonsmoker and the smoker to dilute the pollution. That's what makes it dangerous (instead of parts per billion of pollution, you approach parts per million or even per thousand).

17. DrunkPotHead

Let's say it is more concentrated. Can you give me some names (not just empty statistics) of people (who can be verified) who died/had severe disabilities due to only second-hand smoke?

18. Necrolestes

What doesn't kill you softens you up for the final blow

No...and I'll tell you why. Just as alcohol doesn't kill you, neither does second-hand smoke; both just make the body more susceptible to something else that does kill it (with alcohol, it's liver toxicity and congestive heart failure; with second-hand smoke, it's respiratory infections).

19. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

1. Age?
    2. Sex?
    male
    3. Do you smoke?
    yup. a little more than a pack every day
    4. What are your thoughts on smoking?
    its horrible. one of the most horrible habbits in the world.
    5. How did you start smoking?
    started when i was 15. i was going to the gym with one of my friends who smoked. asked him for a ciggy and there you go.
    6. Why do you still smoke?
    i like ciggys. i like the taste of the smoke when it goes down through yuor throat and if the ciggy is good than its perfect. i realize that it damages my health and body and all that crap but i like it.

20. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

Ok nrabbit you may get yourself in a lot of trouble soon. 25ish a day at 16? And yeah it is a personal choice, but I'm gonna say anyone who does smoke is a complete and utter stupidly idiotic wierd pathetic sad incompetent dumb thick torpid obtuse dopey insane nonsensical unearthly crazy loony moronic moron with no self esteem and no self respect. :) thanks.

edit: the above is my opinion. not fact.