Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you roleplay your Paladin?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by FP_madman, Mar 10, 2004.

1. FP_madman

FP_madman IncGamers Member

Do you roleplay your Paladin?

Its not really too hard with most of our skills/spells benefiting all of a party. But do you make an effort to play as a Paladin. I try to help out people when they need it, ad will often give away items that I find which are virtually useless to my class instead of trading or selling them...

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

not really, beyond smiting infidels I didn't do much role-playing, I probably do more role-playing on these msg boards than I did in diablo

3. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

No kinky role-playing here with my gf like the school girl outfit... whoops, wrong forum. Seriously though, I normally heal allies when I can with holy bolt and some cleansing if we got poisoned. A little goodwill goes a long way.

4. FP_madman

I guess that is kind of what I was getting at... I will do things like tag along with sorcress to help them out in tough levels. All while I have on my meditation aura to beef up their mana and keep things fun for them...

I try to be as fair and goodwilling towards others...

5. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

yes i do.

meditation if a caster char seem to need it, clensing when people are cursed or poisoned.

the various res auras when the party meets glooms and that like.

conviction otherwise.

can anyone tell me what sub class i play:uhhuh:

6. Apologetix

Apologetix IncGamers Member

when i play with my hammerdin.. to piss off necro summoners i follow them around wearing an item with -slain monsters rest in peace, and i toss on redemption to make it impossible to raise things or use ce.

its funny to watch their reaction.

7. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

lol, but how does being a hammerdin tick them off?

8. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

most of my good party play is with necros, I used to take alot of pride in keeping my party alive with a timely lifetap and then pleasing melee & casters with amp/LR and throwing in decrepify on some speedy jerks, perhaps when they reset the ladder I'll pick necro and join a team or something

9. Kevlar

Kevlar IncGamers Member

Sure I do.. I try to make everyone's life as bad as possible, this involves not helping any one, grab all the drops, or gold when players die sell items to vendors that could help new players in the game, trapping waypoints/ other players town portals with monsters in hardcore , pk'ing when possible etc...

Funny thing is , i only do this evil oriented stuff with a pala... with other chars i'm normally nice and helpfull... And that happens because I'm a "dark paladin", a servant of evil and corruption, a thief of souls, a blood sucking ravenous dog, a nemesis of good, the omega of the alpha... bla bla bla....

10. KruxDeValor

KruxDeValor IncGamers Member

speaking about role-playing, a few days ago i was in a baal run, 3 lvl 90s chars+ i think it was a 90,93, and 92, they died to mass black souls and the act2 radament monsters, they would revive them, so i put on all my res/ absorb gear, and cleared the way for them, i felt quite proud afterwards. melee dueling on ladder is losing it appeal, so i find myself more and more coming into games and helping with questing.

11. Apologetix

Apologetix IncGamers Member

know whats even more fun?

wand with iron golem charges..

person: can i xfer this real quick?
    you: sure
    person leaves game
    you: heh...
    person: where the hell is my 400ed 15ll ethereal botd bzerker?
    you: i dunno.... hey like my new iron golem? bet he could kick your *** in a duel.

haha.. yea.. jk.

12. *Cyrus*

*Cyrus* IncGamers Member

Yeah I definitely role-play my Paladin. My Paladin is usually named D2_Cyrus or something since all of the good "Cyrus" names are taken. Cyrus is a good-natured, chivalrous, steadfast warrior of the light. And I try to play him that way. Here's an example of what I might say during an evening of D2 with my Paladin:

Me: Wher is teh itamz for free
    Player-A: U Newb
    Me: I pwn u nub, dool me if u r l33t
    Player-A: I am here for free items. Not for dueling a *** *****
    Me: I will pwn u for that
    Player-B: Alas, this is one chivalrous, good hearted Paladin. We had best leave now before he smites us to death. For we are not courageous and hath not the valor he has.

Player-A has left our world (in fear of divine fury)
    Player-B has left our world (for reasons like above)

It's really cool how I manage to stay in character and use Old English like from Beowulf. I feel proud of myself.

13. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

unless my friends are in a game, I don't speak. I don't even invite, or open tp's...

14. FP_madman

They had leet speak in Old English :scratch:

15. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

When I do Baal runs or try getting through acts I always help. Party poison (Cleansing) need healing (holybolt) immunes monsters (conviction) fast monsters? (holyfreeze). By doing this your guaranteed you will always be the first to be accepted in a party :) Also I like the cool comments as well.

16. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Yup, same here. There are already enough calous people on Bnet, why not buck the trend I always say. I usually get TP books so I don't mind opening a TP for people who ask in a nice way. Now if they spam, that's a different thing. I wonder why people spam, maybe they really are 10-year olds as they claim to be after I have asked them for their reason for spamming. That last sentence was a mouthful but a modicum of tolerance goes a long way.