Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you realy play the game?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BaseWolf, Oct 28, 2006.

1. BaseWolf

BaseWolf IncGamers Member

Do you realy play the game?

I tryed to play as it should be. Running from act1 camp to andy, but noone wants to do this anymore.. everyone just wants to get rushed and to use the baal bug.. how many realy play the game as it was meant to be?

2. yoshiurae

yoshiurae IncGamers Member

I did with my first character but the others have/will be rushed.However when ladder resets I shall be doing the whole non rush with these characters:
    Smiter/Werewolf/Ik Barb/Trapsin/Javazon and Mauler.

3. middleman35

middleman35 IncGamers Member

Given the massive amount of item finding/replayability in D2, it's a bit silly to say that the only way the game was meant to be played was working quest by quest all the way thru the acts.

4. BaseWolf

BaseWolf IncGamers Member

Why not? A game should be played from Quest to Quest.. but you could still go back for more exp or items..

5. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Doing it all the time.

Sometimes twinked, sometimes untwinked. Always with a friend. Only problem is, im running out of hell viable builds. Only a couple left. :rolleyes:

6. middleman35

middleman35 IncGamers Member

Have you looked at any of the runewords lately? 'Last Wish' anyone? There is more than one way to play the game, and unfortunately for you the more popular way to play is to "power-game" with rushes, etc.

7. mallemout

mallemout IncGamers Member

Well, I do it from time to time. Mostly play with my wife then (no pun intended), when the ladder resets I'll probably try a frost paladin or a summoner again because of laggy computer and necro summoner can nicely stay behind the army :wink3:

8. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I generally play the game through the way it was meant to be - though I do twink my chars to high heaven in the process. Sometimes I WOULD rush them, but even when I want to I normally can't, as my friends don't get on when I do any more. As a result, I slap a Khalim's Will on my char, take them through acts one and two - by the time I finish act 2, I'm usually anywhere between level 20 and 24. Closer to 20 if it's a char that's weak levelling at that point, 24 if they have a powerful spell available that early on - because if they can kill everything easily, I start taking them into large games to move forward and get the waypoints, picking up massive exp on the way.

9. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I'm doing the single player thing recently. If you don't duel and you already have an uber-er and a mfer (and most of b.net falls under this catergory), I don't see the point in getting to hell baal as fast as possible to stand around and pretend to help while a hammerdin kills things.

10. Laarz

Laarz IncGamers Member

Yes I still play all the way through,though I twink my characters usually ,try to get all the way points too.

11. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

When I firs played this game I would go through all the acts. Later as I got more junk I would tweak my characters and eventually started using the act 3 flail as my main weapon for new builds. After enough time you lose interest in playing through and just want to see what the different builds can do. At this point I use two computers and an enchantress to level any new characters; can usually get to level 40 in less than two hours [yes it is still slow compared to some of you guys.]

12. Bri

Bri IncGamers Member

I have returned to the game in the last month after a year off d2.I made many chars in classic d2 a few years back and some of which were rushed.(a few by myself)although this time round because i dont know many ppl and i'm playing hc i have been questing as i normally do...alone.I like the questing thru the game alone or with ppl but one thing ive never done is beg for rushes in the chan...i traded a rush for a rush once.

13. rykuss

rykuss Banned

On Bnet I did it with all of my original chars. Once I built them all up and became wealthy, I made new chars to try out and rushed them. These were usually experimental chars, those I'd never been able to build before or had never tried. I'll admit though, once I was able to (g)rush myself, it was hard to play through the game anymore. I got bored with bnet play though and have been playing single player these days. :thumbsup:

14. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

I usually do it with my first char in a new ladder, but the rest are g-rushed since i love to duel. All my chars are duel(some partially mf)chars.

15. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

It's true that the game can be played a lots of ways. When new to the game, you usually try to beat it and make viable character. After a while, when you get the hang of it, you start items hunting and character tweaking. Then the last stage is generally PvP but not everyone take that route. Imho, that's a general layout of out the the game process takes place.

After a while a lot of people simply don't play the game sticking to the story line because frankly it gets boring and the game's intrigue is pretty linear. That said, I took pretty much all my characters through the game and that represents quite a few dozens. It's probably due to the fact that a friend and I were both dedicated players for many years and made a good many duos of complementary characters.

I also did my share of character rushing when I was heavily involved in dueling and I think is rather appropriate to do so for PvP character as you're itching to mesure up against other players.

16. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I play the game quest-by-quest at times, and sometimes I do the whole rush and power level thing. Just depends on the mood I'm in, I guess.

17. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Since the beginning I've played quests and PvM, until I simply lost interest.

I feel like trying PvP now...

18. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I think that playing through the new Expansion (Act5) on my SP character was the best time I ever had, in terms of questing.

19. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

It's all damn bnets fault. If there was no such thing as grushing, then not as many people would rush to hell chaos. Who can blame them, it really helps with the last few levels when in the 90s. As soon as bnet removes grushing, part of the games integrity will return.

20. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

It's all damn bnets fault. If there was no such thing as grushing, then not as many people would rush to hell chaos. Who can blame them, it really helps with the last few levels when in the 90s. As soon as bnet removes grushing, part of the games integrity will return.

The way I think of it is this... people can play the game however they want, as long as they don't screw people over. If they want to hack/cheat/ get super high level characters, why don't they just play SP? =/