Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you own an Enigma armor?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Feb 26, 2004.

?

Blown out of proportion? See post

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. poing, ect.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Do you own an Enigma armor?

Just wandering how many people own one.

If you choose yes, please tell me how you got those runes (trading, cubing, etc)

2. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

I never had one, and I never will...As some of you may know, I'm highly against the ultra-cheesy Enigma!
    Join the "I hate Enigma" club now! Call in 10 mins and you'll get CoH Archon for free! :lol:

3. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I agree with Vorbiss. I would never make uber runewords like that one. I thought Blizzard was on drugs to allow legit haxxor items. :grrr:

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

dont have on and dont want it either but as i have CoH im a legit hacker right tekka;)

5. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

yes i have one and idon´t consider myself a hacker cause of that....

i didn´t create it or found the runes for it myself though, that and some other high ruens was a present from a friend that stoped playing.

6. isbambuhut

isbambuhut IncGamers Member

I have one, I got some of the runes myself, while others I traded for with some friends...took me a long *** time let me tell you. But, in the end, me likee.

7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I don't have it, but I hope I will get in the future (I need only Ber :uhhuh: )

It is really hard to get, and I guess most of those who don't have it won't come here to vote

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I don't have one anymore. I deleted the one I did have after I realised just how rare runes are. As far as I am concerned there are no legit runes above Vex. Yes, that's probably not 100% true but it's probably closer to being 100% right than to being 100% wrong.

Enigma is not that great anyway, an ammy of teleport can do similar things for you and leaves you with a free armour slot.

As for the cheesyness... I think CoH is far more cheesy than enigma. All enigma does is save you a bit of money. I doesn't give you a shitload of resis and big damage against everything that moves.

9. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

lone_wolf: I do not consider you or any who use legit runewords cheaters, but I must in good conscious consider the uber runewords haxxor material. They are just too powerful. People claimed how hacked items ruined their playing experience in Diablo II and now these runewords are on par with the very thing they despised. There are very few items that even compare to the powerful runewords and they can nearly make a players 8 game in hell a walk in the park (which the hardest mode was not designed to be).

Also, runes are easier to dupe in single player and on the realm, (not that I think you duped yours) so undeserving players can get hold of them (again not many members in the spf are unworthy, but battle.net...).

10. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

yeah i understand what you meant tekka and its sad.

thats one of the reasons i dont trade for runes anylonger

well besides the delerium i got after i payed my little brother the full ik set.

other then that its no runes for me.

i want the uniques or some godly rares instead.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i dont have one, but woudl definitly use it if i could. why be against a item that is perfectly legit, that blzz wants you to try and get. sure, some may find it cheesy, but how many of you would honestly turn down a archon staff or BOTD if givin the chance?
    at the moment, im going for trangs set, and since that uses the armour slot, i'd have to find another character to use an enigma on that i think i use enoguh to merit such a godly armour.

12. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Based on my old 1.09 runes that I found/traded for, I could make several but I'm playing SPL now so I'm gonna have to wait some more..... probably longer than most since I do not trade.

--T

13. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

Hmm, I disagree with you here. The real reason why most of the guys make Enigma in PvM is that it's perfect for MFing. Good MF, +2 skills(it's very important for some builds!), FRW, huge life after kill, TELEPORT!!! What more can you ask if you MF with sorc or hammerdin for example?

Infact, damage to demons/undeads is far weaker than some may think, it's very different from like offweap ED, but only for some critters AFAIK...I can't go into details since I can't really explain why. :( Btw in the beta dam to und/dmn was far more powerfull IIRC, can some technicall sage confirm that?

So CoH is just armor with low def, huge resists, 20 str and +2 skills, nothing so much overpowered IMHO. In some cases even Lionheart is better! ;)
    Seriously, it's the best armor in the game IMHO, but nowhere near overpowered as Enigma!

14. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Vorbiss, CoH has +2 all skills too, as far as I know. And if you want pure MF skullder's does the job. Granted, it "only" has +1 all skills but you gain a big chunk of MF.

The oh-so-overpowered-teleport can be gotten from an amulet, too. Just by picking up gold my necromancer makes enough money on a single baal run to completely recharge his teleport ammy. (no selling of items, just pure gold)

Fact is, even while I had it, most of the time I didn't even use enigma after I found my first decent teleport ammy.

And speaking of teleport, most of the time running is actually faster than teleporting. At least for non-caster chars. I only really used teleport for short cuts or to reposition my skeletons.

Btw, afaik ED vs demons and undead works exactly like all other off-weapon ED, which is to say, it works exactly like on-weapon ED or skill ED. It's all the same thing.

15. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

Well, I know CoH has +2 skills too, I wrote:
    Should I say I forgot about one "minor" Enigma feature? Huge strenght bonus. If you build your char around the armor, you can make it in Bplate, this way you can have a char with base str able to use SS! just imagine Wind druid with base str, almost all points in vit, + cyclone this will make him immortal in p8 Baal runs...

Ask any Hammerdin with Enigma(Borlag, Stridjdje?) and he'll tell you it's far superiour than any other armor for this build. Skullder's is good for the Pit, but in the WSK Enigma will be far better for most of the builds IMO. :)
    Another Minor advantage if using enigma is that you can use any amulet you want, not everybody has rare ammy with resists/MF/teleport.

As for the Ed to dmns/undead, I/m not really sure, we'll have to wait some of the wise ones to check the thread. ;)

16. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

hehe stupid people, my name is strijdje :teeth: but you got the idea, i made an enigma in a breastplate, which makes it accesable to ALL my chars, i build my winddruid around it as u said in your post and focussed on Vit, and yeah thats why i voted for the winddruid as the best baaalrunner :lol: cause i dont have a hammerdin, yet

but i agree, enigma is kinda overpowered but well its in the game right, i dont hear people about the moat trick being so lame, or that the marrowwalk feature is so lame cause its in the game. heck, if i can afford it, why should i use it then... yeah yeah, i know, untwinked is way more fun, but i have 2 untwinked guardians and a few mats//pats, u have to admit, to make a char soo powerfull it can hardly dies is kinda fun right? atleast it is too me :)
    just my two pennies

robin

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

:lol: nice spelling..
    i have a online friend from some far away country ive forgotten. his screen name is jeshchenhaichi. try writing that one in a hurry!

18. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

well, i don't have an enigma of any sort, and i highly doubt that i will ever get the runes to make myself one... however, if i did have the runes, you better believe i'd be sporting an enigma! :)

19. the_sultan

the_sultan IncGamers Member

I wouldn't call it overpowered if you see that you need 2 of the rarest runes. I've never found higher than um and i've played quite a bit. If you ever found a ber you'd be better of putting it in a tyreals might since you'll prolly find that before you find another extremely rare rune like jah or ber.

20. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I wonder what my chances are to ever find two such rare runes with one character going through the game, clearing each area once (that´s how I play). If I will ever be that lucky, I think I deserve a fantastic item.

I´ve never even been able to make 'Wealth' or 'Lionheart'. I´ve seen those runes, just not with the same character. Or I had already used one of the runes (e.g. the Lum to make 'Smoke') before finding the other rare one.