Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you make "To Do" lists?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amra, May 18, 2005.

1. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Do you make "To Do" lists?

Sometimes my life gets so fragmented that I have to write down things in order to track what I need to do.

I have a very good memory for the most part. But between work, the fire department, and life in general, I am finding a To Do list is helpful.

I am finding it's a good system.

2. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

I just remeber stuff in my head, unless its specific like math homework or something. Otherwise I know what to get done. If I make a list, I tend to not use it, and the whoel system is pointless. However, I wish I could adapt to lists, make you look more organized. :lol:

3. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Yep, I don't know how people manage getting things done in school without them. I used to never need them until I hit college, and all of a sudden, between all the homework, and remembering to pay bills, and go to meetings, and go to class, and things outside of class, I have to have a list to remember all the stuff.

4. SquareRootOfBob

SquareRootOfBob IncGamers Member

I did for a little bit a couple of years ago, but then I realized that I wasn't using the lists I made and the things still got done.

5. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Sometimes I think of making To Do lists, mainly for some of my bigger projects, but when I think of making them I always end up saying to myself "nah, I'll do it later". So now I have a big To Do lists of To Do lists stored in my brain just waiting to be put to use.

The only time I ever really get around to making a list is for music I should look into, am considering buying, or that I want to make part of a mixed CD. I've got my priorities :lol:

6. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

I use my Franklin, when I remember too.

7. bustme

bustme IncGamers Member

I customized my own scheduler to work like a Franklin, but I always forget to look in it :(

8. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

As an ADDer I have to make lists to survive. I not only have to make do to lists but I make lists for what I have already done. I make lists for my lists. It's terrible but it's the only thing that seems to work. Anakha gets frustrated all the time because he's constantly finding lists all around the house that I just made but never glanced twice at.

9. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

My 'To Do'-list still consist of only two points (and has done so for the last three years):
    1. Invent the wheel
    2. Achieve world domination

10. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Very rarely, mostly cuz I don't usually have more than 3 things to do...

11. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I have done a few To-Do-List's in the past. But seem I end up doing more To-Buy-List instead. You know like all those little things that a person needs.
    Lightbulbs/fuses/batteries/grenades..all that little crap that seems to be forgotten when I go to Wal-Mart on the weekends.
    Casue if I dont..its always the same phrase I use when I get home and all the sudden..."AHH DAMIT!"..now I cant play GW casue my mouse is outta batteries. And where I'm from there no place to go like after 8 0'clock. Unless I want to drive another 45min back to Wal-Mart.

12. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I do for work so I remember what I am doing for work.

13. Damnatorius

Damnatorius IncGamers Member

it's kinda depressing and stressing to look at one of those lists so I'd rather not...Plenty of people keep reminding me of stuff I have to do anyway :)

14. Nword

Nword Banned

I can definitely see some of the advantages of certain lists... particularly shopping lists and calendars with various appointments...

I don't do anything like a to do list for school. I guess it's because as a student, I spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking about school, so I don't tend to forget stuff. The stuff I do forget doesn't matter ;)

15. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I do, but then I put the lists someplace where they're seen again; like my office.

16. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I used to make those, but when I found out they didnt help me at all, i stopped. Who wants to waste time on that crap? :fish:

17. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

i found that even though i never check em again, making em in the first place gives me a feeling of having done something :p so even though i dont use em, i put some together sometimes, specialy when i feel that i ve been a bit lazy lately :uhhuh:

18. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

I use a modified franklin as well. I am so scatterbrained I have to :D

Garbad

19. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

to do lists can be very helpful sometimes for me. i mostly do them for homework or something like that because i can't remmeber all those math problems and pages i have to read. :uhhuh:

20. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

On occasion I will use that function in my Palm, especially if I have a lot to do in a day.