Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have a floppy drive?

If yes do you ever use it?
If no has it ever bothered you not having one?

When answering this poll one should use the following:
-if you have any computer that has a floppy drive that you ever use answer yes
-if your main box doesn't have one, but an older one might, but you never use the floppy drive on the older box either answer no

Personally I don't have one and it's never bothered me.
It bothered a friend who doesn't have a printer once because he thought it was odd using a DVD to store a single text file he needed to print (blank DVDs are cheaper than blank CDs in Canada), but that's not me.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
no and no

even the computers at the computer lab dont have floppy drives anymore (at least, the labs at engineering)

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
yes and yes

like your friend i'll use it to move a text/picture files. I also have a dvd-rw but dont use it often, i've had my dvd-rw for bout a year now and i've burnt 1 dvd. I dont have any software to burn my movies :(

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. Easiest way to quickly transfer my docs for school from my laptop to my desktop. Also used for small pictures etc. I know that I could use an USB stick, but I'm "oldskool" :p

HoD

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
Aye and yes.

Used it just today to transfer a single word document.

Could've used email (prefer that over polluting my flashdisk, which I use solely for the band or real important backups), but this worked just as well and probably more easily too.

Chiller_babe

Diabloii.Net Member
No and No

Got r/w cd's / dvd's and a plug in drive should I need to transfer anything big - and for small stuff there's email.

My old PC did have one - but I never used it so I didn't bother moving it into the new box I bought.

Chill

happyfamine

Diabloii.Net Member
i've got an old 486 machine that runs dos 6.0 that i use to play my old games - xcom mostly. it still has a 5.25" floppy drive on it. bet some of you kids have never even seen one of those. don't use it though. usb keychain for big stuff, gmail for under 10mb.

ximazealotx

Diabloii.Net Member
yes i have one in my laptop/pc and use regularly

i also have a 5.25" in an old 486 (runs dos 4.5 cause i was slack and never upgraded)

and the granddaddy of them all i have a 286 (yes you old timers remember these) with a 7" external drive

ok the 286/486 are in the shed but i do have them

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
What's email? If I can't use SSH to do something I'm going to claim it's not worth doing ^^

Oh, and I've got a 486 with a 5.25" drive. It has a Turbo button on it. It still works and is still plugged in and still runs windows 3.1. The reason I have it is because...well...I'm not entirely sure myself. I'll have to turn it's processor into bling like my pentium 3 and my 2 pentium 1s.

PawnOfChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, I have a 486 and a 286 sitting in my attic.

I had Bernouli (sp?) Drives for both of them, external for the 286 & internal for the other. GOGO Wasteland/Civ/Bard's Tale series/Sword of Aragon/Railroad Tycoon/ all those good old titles. I had so many games back then that a hard drive wasn't enough, hence the bernouli's (which I think had something like 25 megs or some other ridiculous amount of storage)

Oddly enough I remember when the apple I had was the best gaming machine available to me, you had to insert a floppy just to get a prompt (Zork!!!)

Ahhh... those were the days

Jeff