Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you guys prefer to play untwinked single player by yourself or with others?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Sep 3, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz Diabloii.Net Member

Do you guys prefer to play untwinked single player by yourself or with others?

I was just wondering, do you guys prefer to play single player by yourself, or with a friend? I don't mean to seem like an idiot when I say with others on single player, but you guys know what I mean (IP games and what not). I always like to play by myself sometimes, but I don't think there's anything more fun on D2, than playing single player with a friend. What's your guys take on it?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn Diabloii.Net Member

I started off with SP many years ago, but I had no knowledge back then so my chars were crud.

I was on Ladder Season 2 for quite a few months, and playing in pubby games was worse than being vivisected with a pencil sharpener.

Back in SP for v 1.11, I really enjoy playing on my own, but that is because I now take the time to design my characters and outfit them properly. Many thanks to Doc and ATMA for that.

Lately, I've gone into MP'ing, and it is great fun since virtually all the guys here know how to play well in a party, unlike B.net where it is every plonker for him/her/itself.

So, to answer your question, I enjoy both SP and MP'ing over an IP connection with the right people.

3. linkato1

linkato1 Banned

I play only septavirate characters.

Totally untwinked, they don't even exchange items between each other. They mule only gems, runes and potions, so even if they find something that they might want in future the only place to save it is in the stash (or weapon change if it's weopon or shield).

And last but not least: they are hardcore.

As I'm old time NetHack player I don't like softcore characters in games. I remember when I was playing the original System Shock, I always started a new character if my character was killed, even though the game didn't force it.

Hardcore teaches to play more carefully and how to handle those tough situations.

Topi

4. colony

colony Diabloii.Net Member

I don't really play much PvM any more. When I do it's normally either MF runs, or doing Baal runs for levelling, or HF rushing. Most new characters I make are twinked so heavily that the whole of normal and NM is done very quickly. This means that almost all my PvM play, excluding Hell Baal runs, is done on my own. That's not to say I dislike MP, I still like PvP games, and it's the one thing that's kept me playing, so I suppose you could say I like to do MP.

I generally just ignore most people on bnet, unless they show some sign of having something between their ears. I try to keep away from the squelch button though, some comments are just too damn funny to miss. The r/d's and lag were a much bigger factor than PK'ers and idiots in getting me to move to SP.

*snikker*:shocked:

(sorry, couldn't help it, it just jumped out at me for some reason)

Edit: Damn you word filter:tongue:

*shakes fist*

5. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz Diabloii.Net Member

............only when someone points out my mistake do I realize how stupid it seems. haha, you got me on that one