Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you ever give away free stuff?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Strogg, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Strogg

Strogg IncGamers Member

Do you ever give away free stuff?

Because I do. I usually give away old gear I don't need like Smoke and Stealth Armors and stuff.

Just wondered if anyone else here did. :thumbsup:

2. Feysal

Feysal IncGamers Member

Re: Do you ever give away free stuff?

You should've seen the giveaways some members here have hosted... I've gotten some real treasures from those, and given away some things myself in return.

In addition, I'm pretty sure many if not most of us pick up minor uniques and sets and drop them off to some newbies all the time.

3. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Nope it's mine all mineeeeeeeeeeee!

Yeah I only keep 1 or 2 geared chars, rest is up for grabs by friends. If I'm mfin then I'll drop decent things off in games where people could use it

4. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

When ever I "quit" I give away everything.

This time I quit and started at the same time. My old acc became NL and I installed d2 when 1.13 came with new ladder.

This time it was griefs, infinity, fortitudes, botd, etc that I gave away. :)

5. MichelRPG

MichelRPG IncGamers Member

I always give stuff away I saved at some point but figured I wouldnt need anymore. Usually I join a random "give me free" game and toss my items throughout act 1-5 across towns. For ****s and giggles I sometimes even said I dropped a very valuable item somewhere, if there's a couple of players :D.

Back in 1.10, when 1.11 was coming with the new ladder, I gave away a large amount of stuff courtesy of pindle runs (when he was actually still GOOD with dropping stuff); the BK set including several BK rings, 3x flamebellows + 2 dwarfstar rings (awesome fire absorbing barbarian. lacks damage but no fire could harm him!), frostwinds + frostraven, a few lightsabers, and a crapload of necromancer wands and items. made NL players very happy, esspecially the mid-runes I dropped :)

6. LongDog

LongDog IncGamers Member

I give away everything of no value to me (and of no trading value), hoping that it will help others in their quest of leveling without any issues.

7. PorkusMaximus

PorkusMaximus IncGamers Member

I'm not really at the point where I can afford to give away items of serious value and I probably never will be, but I give what I can.

8. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

If I know for a fact that I won't be using the item at all in the near future, and I won't be trading it away for something, I'll just give it away. I sometimes look into random trade threads here for people's ISO lists, and if there are things on there that fit the requirements, they can just get those for free.

9. Keemossi

Keemossi IncGamers Member

I give what I can, more or less. I've got one character that I'd like to make atm, and it doesn't really need that good gear. And the other character needs gear I won't be able to afford for a while, if at all. So it's not like I really need to keep all that stuff I've got lying around on mules. I got some nice stuff free/cheap that helped a lot, I'll try to help others just starting every now and then :p

I was planning to just quit and give everything away at some point anyway. But.. still hooked a bit, despite all :)

10. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I usually seek people who have restarted / started and need some gear. Often I make loads of spirit swords, ect, just for this purpose =)

Usual scenario is that I'm rushing a mule to hell Hf and need the baalq, offering rush in return. If I like the guy being rushed, I'll give him some useful gear :thumbup: (Peasant crown, ect.) do

I dislike public giveaways because greedy folks just take everything, even though the giveaways here on the forums are the most fair thing to do.

Also I'm offering any help for new members of the cult of Rhatma :D

11. PallyRanger

PallyRanger IncGamers Member

Hehe,
    I just gave away a boat load of stuff last evening on non ladder. Just made a public game called free stuff.....I was mobbed. I logged in with my mule account and unloaded. It was like vultures I tell you.

And I dont like GIMME **** people. Just take what I toss out.
    Hope everyone enjoys!

12. Feysal

Feysal IncGamers Member

Neither do I. I never give anything to people in "need free" type games. I always look up an existing game named "I give free" or something like that, and drop off my stuff there. If someone attempts to trade with me and asks for free items, I say no.

13. HuggaBear

HuggaBear IncGamers Member

Yeah that annoys me too : /

I give tons of frees away, I do a lot of MFing and rushes when I get bored with the same char (fishy necro with eni...cookie cutter but damned effective and easy first char) so usually end up rushing someone then giving them a ton of free stuff for their build...

But yeah, the amount of crap I get in those MF runs is unbelievable, so I tend to hand a lot over to guys in starting games in normal or trist/tomb runs or w/e.

Also whenever I leave for a while I give everything away free, since I tend to accumulate some major wealth in my time I let go of some pretty uber gear every time I quit (usually a half dozen eni's, a myriad of other useful runewords, torches and a few annis, tons of charms and loads of runes/other trade items).

Now I'm a member here, guess I should give to other members instead ;)

14. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

It's like the hobos who hang out in the plaza next to my university (MY university, I own it). If I give them a penny, they start coming after me.

15. BKC

BKC IncGamers Member

yes i do what do you need? :thumbsup:

16. juju

juju IncGamers Member

I give almost every day someting for free :girly: like shakos and other usefull items :whistling: And when i craft rings/amus i make games o free amus and i sell all to akara and i tell people to buy own rings and amus what i dont need :wink:

17. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

Yea I usually clear my mules out every couple months. I collect stuff that I will never use and has little trade value...mule dump time :)