Do you bother checking your bulk/junk mail folder?

Arokthis

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you bother checking your bulk/junk mail folder?

I just hit "Empty" without even opening the folder 99% of the time. I have several accounts, one of which I use exclusively for sites I think will share thier lists and places with "send this to a friend" spots. (Send a joke, pic, etc.)

mexicanoloco

Diabloii.Net Member
Arokthis said:
I just hit "Empty" without even opening the folder 99% of the time. I have several ********, one of which I use exclusively for sites I think will share thier lists and places with "send this to a friend" spots. (Send a joke, pic, etc.)
i never even hit empty...just leave it as it is:p

ayax_2k4

Diabloii.Net Member
i only have one account and i often get msgs in there, usually from people i haven't yet added to my safe list, check it out, it's just a matter of seconds and sometimes u get important stuff filtered inside there

Akira

I usually check my junk for real messages. I don't know how she does it, but my mother has this annoying habit of leaving no return addresses when emailing from work.

Johnny

Banned
I have my junkmail filter turned off because the hotmail junkmail filter will actualy catch alot of important emails and personaly I lost alot of important business emails and I dont even want to think about how many more important emails I lost in the 2 years I had it turned on.

Rius666

Diabloii.Net Member
I just hit empty. When I was naive and first got lots of bulk mail i was paranoid and would check it b4 i emptied it but i soon learned that there was no point since it was all just spam.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
i used to look at them sometimes on my yahoo email but then i made the mistake of joining those free ipod referral things and spam come in like mad. So now, i just have it on auto delete for bulk mail.

And i dont get any spam on my gmail accnt.

Johnny

Banned
mhl12 said:
i used to look at them sometimes on my yahoo email but then i made the mistake of joining those free ipod referral things and spam come in like mad. So now, i just have it on auto delete for bulk mail.

And i dont get any spam on my gmail accnt.
Did you atleast get a free ipod?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
Johnny said:
Did you atleast get a free ipod?
nope. i didn't know that you had to do all that other crap, and i was a lot younger at that time so i didnt know about those kind of scams.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
?hecked junkfolder today, and found an invitation to a graduation party from one of my friends... its good to check sometimes, it tends to put all mails with many recievers in junkfolder...

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Spam in the place where you live

I wish I was cool enough to get spam. <Sigh>

Honestly, though, I have two separate email accounts: one for school and business, the other for spam and general letters. This solves a lot of my troubles as I rarely use the latter account (thus spammers don't think that it's active and they stop sending me "Enhance this" messages).