Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DO Werewolf druids need to raise dex?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by bludfalkon, Mar 16, 2004.

1. bludfalkon

bludfalkon IncGamers Member

DO Werewolf druids need to raise dex?

I just finished normal and my dex is 25 with some charms and my AR is 1300 from mainly skill bonuses like fury, what I noticed is that my chance to hit a fallen is 75% on NM and it kinda scared me because I wonder what it would be in hell, anyway I'm using a maul so they dont need any dex requirements but do you think i should put some points into it?

Thanks

2. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

Hey, I'm a wolf in Hell now, I broke down and put only a few points indexterity to use a special unique scythe. However, I'm using 4 pieces of the IK set and i have for a long time. With Dex bonuses from Items and charms and the few points i did put into dexterity it's possible to have over 100 dex. My point is, with skills such as werewolf, fury and fireclaws your attack rating gets much higher. A simple Raven frost ring with +15 to dexterity and a nice cannot be froxen mod on it can simply be a solution to attack rating needs. If you feel the need i suggest put maybe 10 or 15 if you want to into dex. Most of my points are in Vitality and Strength to use the heavy IK maul. Only higher end level weapons such as Tomb Reaver, etc. may require more dex. but you can get some dex from other sources if needed.

Anyone else have an opinnion for him?

3. bludfalkon

so how much would be good to put in with out going overboard?

4. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

Well... While i use Mainly IK set items and receive a lot of dex bonues from that and other sources i still believe i hadn't put more than 15-20 points into dexterity. I would say around 20 points of dex would be plenty fine. Especially since you say you're using a maul. But You shouldn't put points into Dex if you just need Attack Rating. You get that from Skills. At level 82 my attack rating to hit the devilkin is 95%. and I don't eve have more than maybe 5 or 6 points into Werewolf. I use Fury and Fireclaws as my main attacks and I have no problems. I'd say only put points into deterity if you plan on using higher end weapons that need it as a requirement.

5. bludfalkon

well im playing single player so I cant really get any IK items from anyone or anything, so now what?

6. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

For my werewolfs, i like to have a fast 2hander for most of the killing, but keep a high block shield and fast onehander on the switch just in case i get into some trouble. Since blocking takes dex, i usually keep the dex up to the amount necessary to block 75% with a stormshield.
    Attack rating is a huge need in pvp as well, so having 10k+ is usually beneficial for everything.