Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

do we get xp from attract curse?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Boqu, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Boqu

Boqu IncGamers Member

do we get xp from attract curse?

yeah, never used it until last night, when i got a wand comes with a attract curse. it is great, stops monsters from coming on to me. but when they are killing each other, do i get xp? or just a fun way to clear my way?

and, some one told me long time ago that corpes explosion doesn't offer the same xp as usual killing. is it true?

2. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

I don't think, that the amount of experience you get for killing the monster depends on which attack you've used on him. In my opinion, CE gives you absolutely the same exp as any other attack.
    What for Attract... I don't know, but I don't think it is really a big issue - on NM/Hell it would be way too long to wait for monsters to kill a monster. Nobody uses it for killing - just for crowd control.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Kills made by monsters under the influence of an AI curse give you exp.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Ai curses merely cause alignment changes, which should not be enough for you to receive exp from kills made by converted monsters. That was 1.09...

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

They changed that? Damn.

6. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

I didn't notice any difference when using Attract + Iron Maiden.

But then with a decent Iron Maiden usually the Attracted monster is the last one standing and your Merc can finish them off.

I'd be far more suspicious of Confuse than Attract, after all the monsters aren't on your side, so if a normal monster kills a Confused monster why would you get xp for that? Also you could argue the same for normal monsters killed by a Confused monster... but the argument is less strong in that case. As for Confused monsters killing other Confused monsters...?

----

My theory is that monsters killed by your Iron Maiden curse grant you experience, even if the AI curses don't give you xp for monsters killed by other monsters.

Part of the problem is that most of my use of Confuse is between levels 18 and 23, and the XP is fairly slow at those times anyway.

My conclusion: its not that big a deal either way.

7. Ichthyoid

Ichthyoid IncGamers Member

Arreat Summit

That should clear a few things up. According to Arreat summit, you do gain xp for attracted monsters

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Mad Mantis: Not too sure actually. The era of 1.09 ended a long time ago. Attracted/Confused monsters are put in an alignment where they attack/get attacked by everything in the game. Converted monsters are set to the same alignment as minions, but still don't belong to your party. You don't get any exp from kills made by the act5 barbarians (same alignment as Converts) for example.

Ichthyoid: The AS is a bad source for facts. It has been proven wrong countless times and to top it off, it's not even being updated anymore.