Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do uniq Items always come unsocketed?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by manfaux, Mar 28, 2005.

1. manfaux

manfaux IncGamers Member

Do uniq Items always come unsocketed?

as the title....a simple question, i never got any uniq item that's socketed when it drops...is it possible?

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Whenever any item that has sockets drops the sockets will always be clean / empty.

Certain uniques have sockets as part of their modifiers so they will always drop with sockets. eg. Spirit Forge, Black Hades, Mosser's Blessed Circle, Witchwild String, Hone Sundan, Blade of Ali Baba, Crown of Ages, Giant Skull, Spike Thorn, Head Hunter's Glory, Rune Master, Hellrack, Bonehew, Tomb Reaver, Heaven's Light and Djinn Slayer. Actually, that should be all of them. And while I'm at it for sets: Aldur's Stoney Gaze, Aldur's Rhythm, Griswold's Heart, Griswold's Valour, Griswold's Redemption, Griswold's Honour, Immortal King's Will, Immortal King's Stone Crusher and Natalya's Shadow.

3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

nice list...just adding one point here...some of these items will have a set number of sockets...for example a wws will always have 2...others such as the tomb reaver can spawn with 1, 2 or 3 sockets

4. manfaux

manfaux IncGamers Member

thank you very much....

i noticed i've got some socketed set items, i have griswold's heart(3s), aldur's rhythm 3s, aldur's stony gaze, 2s and 3s

so in simpler words, certain uniques can have sockets when they spawn, others can never spawn socketed,did i get that right?

actually on arreat summit i can see whether an unique can spawn socketed...i just never noticed it before..

5. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

Any given unique will either have sockets, or it will not, 100%. Blade of Ali-Baba will always have 2 sockets, The Grandfather will always have 0. There will never be a Grandfather that drops with any open sockets. Ever. Somebody can put a socket in it w/the quest, but that's different.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Like Oddity said, a Unique is only 100% dropped w/ socket(s) or 100% not dropped w/ sockets. How many sockets a dropped Unique has is up to the Unique that 100% has sockets.

- Dennis