Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do they stack?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Thirteenth, May 1, 2008.

1. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

Do they stack?

Lets say an auramancer using a might merc, is it pointless to put Pride on him? Concentration from pride is better than might so if they do not stack you may aswell get another base Merc for another aura

Also, if i put Beast on myself for fanaticism does that stack with the damage from pride/might?

Im such a noob!

2. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

Re: Do they stack?

Yes, they all stack.

However, Pride may look good on paper, but Infinity and it's aura are way better than Pride. A much cheaper alternative is Obedience, which in my opinion, is also better than Pride.

3. Thirteenth

Obediance offers great fire damage but only for the merc... im looking to buff up my horde of summons, Infinity only lowers elemental resistances and defence, the AR the skeles get from fanaticism should be enough to ensure a hit.

I can see how infinity would help if i had mages but from what ive heard they are inferior to skeletons.

Ive been thinking of using Poison myself to aid my summons, so a bramble for extra poison damage and thorns seems nice along with a Beast.

A might merc with pride should add a nice amount of damage to them all aswell, and an insight iron golem if i run into mana troubles?

4. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

The Infinity's Conviction Aura really ups the damage from CE and the lower defense is actually more valuable than the Concentration Aura and the bigger benefit from either Obedience or Infinity is the Crushing Blow as it is the key to taking out high hp bosses and ubers. Like Numpty said Pride looks good on paper but the end result has some issues especially for the cost.

5. Thirteenth

What about last wish runeword?

lvl 17 Might and 60-70% CB

6. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

That would work if you wanted to go with an Act 5 Merc I guess but it doe not fit in a polearm and you can get a higher level Might Aura from the Act 2 merc on his own and when you combine Guillames Face helm or a Duress Armor with the 40% CB from Infinity gives you both the Conviction Aura and the high level Might Aura. The general opinion seems to be Infinity>Obedience>Insight>>Pride. All I can say from experience is that the Infinty is great for nearly infinite mana to span CE or PNova. But I can hardly wait to try the others.

7. NumtyDoo

it is insight that is great for infinite mana.

Anyway. this has been posted in about a billion threads so I am not going to go into long detail, but...

The reason Infinity is chosen over pride is that pride does not have any enhanced damage or crushing blow. Most of the time your merc gets the first kill that starts your CE chain, not your skellies, so giving him a weapon without any enhanced damage or crushing blow is not good.

Conviction lowers enemy defense, allowing your merc and summons to get more hits on high level bosses, which in turn, increases the damage per second, and application of CB. Conviction also lowers enemy elemental resistance, which basically gives your CE damage a 50% increase. This increase in damage means less CE's needed to clear the screen, so more mana in your bulb, faster killing, more safety, and a CE that is more effective in 8 player games.

Obedience is a great, much cheaper alternative, as it has awesome damage just like infinity, it has insane crushing blow like infinity, but instead of conviction, your merc gets stacked resists.

So while pride does make your skellies more powerful...when your #1killer is CE chains, and your merc gets that 1st body the fastest...infinity clearly benefits both of those more than pride, and is without a doubt better.

8. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

and with infinity your mages might actualy be useful

9. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

That, and Pride may shatter corpses.

10. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

One more thing: don't invest in poison skills if you're a summoner. In order for PNova to be effective you need to max PNova, PDagger and PExplosion. Moreover, conviction (from infinity) doesn't lower the poison resistance of your enemies.

-AnQ

11. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

I agree that pride is good on paper. While it gives good damage, it also shatters corpses, which is extremely annoying. Getting a first kill with pride wielding merc is a pain unless you find monsters that can't be frozen like that (fallen rogues from cold plains, for instance)

Besides, infi also increases the skellies' damage.. by making them hit more often.

12. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

I think a might merc with a beast weapon and bramble armor isn't bad. Since the skeletons will be acting as meat shields, a thorns aura fits them perfectly. Not that good in hell though i think, but at least bramble doesn't take the weapon spot on your merc.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  13. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

@Lumpor: You can't delete posts, only Mods and Admins can. In the future just edit the second post to contain the words "Double Post" and I'll remove them.

14. NumtyDoo

how do you suppose to get beast on a might merc?

15. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Is thorns aura actually useful, even with skellies?

16. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

It is decent with Skellies. It adds a nice amount of damage, but nothing major. It won't be your sole killing spell.