Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do these items exist?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zarkadon, Oct 11, 2010.

1. zarkadon

zarkadon Diabloii.Net Member

Do these items exist?

I'm looking for a wand and a necro shield to buff up my Iron Golem. I'm using a crap hoto and a +3 boneflame at the moment, but I imagine there are better options out there. Is there such thing as a wand and shield that give

+3 summoning skills
    +3 iron golem
    +3 golem mastery
    +3 summon resist

or something like that? I can imagine its a hell load expensive, so I'll probably stick to what I have, but I want to know if these beauties exist.

Regards and Thankyou

2. The Crusher

The Crusher Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Do these items exist?

you can get +2 necro skills and +2 summoning skills on a rare wand and head with some other nice mods like resists etc

magic wands and heads can have +3 to a skill tab or +2 to all necro skills, but i'd stay with your HotO and boneflame.

white and socketed wands can have a max of 3 +1-3 single skills on them but not a skills tab so you would be better of with your HotO setup instead of this again, but for the shield, you could possibly get a +3 Iron Golem, +3 Golem Mastery and +3 Summon Resist head with 2 sockets and make the "Splendor" runeword in it (Eth + Lum) for an extra +1 all skills but you lose out on the resists from your boneflame.

3. zarkadon

Thanks for that quick reply. I dont care about other mods, I only equip the hoto and the boneflame before I exit the game so the iron golem is buffed up when resummoned in the next game; then I switch to beast+homunculus//cta+lidless. For now I'll stick to what I have, but I'll keep an eye on dropped heads and wands to see if I can get those things you have mentioned :)

4. NanoMist

NanoMist Diabloii.Net Member

Since those 3 staffmods are within 4 tiers of one another, yes, they can all spawn on the same wand or voodoo head. Wands can also be shopped if you're willing.

5. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

I've never seen either precisely like that but a wand would cost in the 700-800 k gold region. I'd tend to shop for something more like +3 Summons, +3 SR and +to revives to save the points when character building.

6. zarkadon

Thanks for the shopping advice, hadn't though about that :facepalm:
    I only played a little while last night and I've already spotted some nice wands like +3 summoning +2 IG +1SR, so as soon as I mule some gold to my necro, I'll start shopping :)

7. NanoMist

If you still find yourself short on gold when you spot a good wand, make sure you leave the game in a different act before you mule in more gold. The item selection will reset if you leave the game in the same act as the vendor.

8. zarkadon

Interesting, didn't know that... and what happens if someone leaves the game in your act? will the vendor's items also be reset even if you didn't leave the game?

9. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd Diabloii.Net Member

Just another little helpful shopping tip: try Drognan; if you can get a map where the town gate is right next to him it's (relatively) easy to refresh his inventory. I suppose opening a cow portal near Akara could do the trick as well.

Just be prepared to come across a lot of annoyingly close-but-not-quite wands too (trying to shop a specific wand for a low level spear necro yielded way too many 1 summoning 3 spear or 1 p&b 1 spear 10 fcr close calls). :yuck:

10. NanoMist

As long as one player stays in town, the vendors in that town will not refresh no matter where the other players go.

11. zarkadon

Ok thankyou