Do the center passive skills synergize with Decoy?

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
Do the center passive skills synergize with Decoy?

Ya, so what the title says.

I checked the Arreat Summit but the wording is kind of vague, so I can't tell if Dodge and Evade synergize with it, or if they're integrated. If it's the latter, I'd like to know if they get better as more points are added to Decoy.

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes yes, I knew about the Valk and that, just asking about Decoy because their information on it is vague.

It says, "The Decoy has resistances and skills like Evade and Dodge," so what about Avoid, and do they get better as Decoy's level is raised?

This had to be looked into before, so someone's gotta have the answer.

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never seen a Decoy evade or dodge attacks. Not that I'm saying it isn't possible if it doesn't show the animation, but I doubt it.

Do a forum search for Decoy. If it has been covered before, the search function will reveal it.

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone mentioned that sometimes Decoy appears to "walk"; I'm assuming that that's an indication of when it "dodges" an attack.

Does Decoy ever make noises like the amazon does?

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Phesto said:
Someone mentioned that sometimes Decoy appears to "walk"; I'm assuming that that's an indication of when it "dodges" an attack.

Does Decoy ever make noises like the amazon does?
I'm pretty sure that the Decoy "walking" is just the result of knockback, and I'm likewise pretty sure that a Decoy does not Dodge or Avoid (she couldn't possibly Evade, since Evade only works while walking or running).

Part of the reason Decoys are so valuable in damage return builds is because they have basically no defense rating, blocking, or dodging, which turns them into one big beating post.

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
Could you point me to where you got that info? I'd be curious to read up on it.
This thread on AB

In which it's mentioned "Valk and Decoy profit from skill points in D/A/E. This means, that they have the same % chances to avoid an attack as the Zone herself without any + skills has."

Whether this source is absolutely correct on this point is beyond me, though.