Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do SOJS Poof?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Krushedice, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Krushedice

Krushedice IncGamers Member

Do SOJS Poof?

I guess if it's duped it can, but I wanted to check to ensure that I didn't just 'lose it' (a guy can hope, right?).

I had two sojs on a char and traded one for bk. Then, I rolled a fire gc and traded that for another soj. by the time I went back to my original char to swap bk for the soj, I saw that all he was wearing was bk? has anybody else had this happen?

2. BOMxSherrif

BOMxSherrif Banned

I have never heard of this before. I have never seen one disappear either. Are you sure you checked correctly? (you probably did). Since sojs all have the same ID-tag I suspect it's theoretically impossible for one to disappear...

Let us know how it ended.. Did you retrieve it? Or is it still lost?

3. GIR

GIR Banned

SoJs are massively duped on Non-Ladder, so if that's where you play, there's a good chance you traded for a dupe.

4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Anything can poof, anything can be duped so...

5. BOMxSherrif

BOMxSherrif Banned

Sojs don't poof, charms don't poof, simply not possible...

6. space_loner

space_loner IncGamers Member

yes, they can poof, but let me clarify something:

this is my understanding

people who think SOJs and such dont poof is because most dupes are runes, this is because rune IDs are easiest to figure out and remain constant

uniques are possible as well, and are duped at times, SOJs especially, less so for most other uniques

other items are near impossible to dupe.

7. BOMxSherrif

BOMxSherrif Banned

No, they can't, or at least noone has ever actually provided proof for this.
    If anyone has proof, please provide a source. (link)

Hoboken... What is your point? I am puzzled :confused:

If you think so, check this page: *link deleted* (or search www.diabloii.net ;)).

8. coolmarve

coolmarve IncGamers Member

they poof

Sojs deffinatly poof. If you want proof, ill grab two duped ones and record me logging on and off without perming, and you can watch as they dissapear.

9. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Not that I don't believe you that SOJs poof, but how do you know the two are dupes in the first place? Can you tell a dupe just by looking at it?

10. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

I've had 25-30x++ SoJs "disappear" on me in the past 5 or so weeks. That's what you get for dealing with currency on Non Ladder. You place them all on one mule and day by day as you check your mule, you notice one or two spaces unfilled where a SoJ was supposed to be. Anything can poof at anytime as there is absolutely no way to tell if an item is duped or not, not by stats or mods, not by ilvl; nothing. That's why when you trade for things like SoJs', 32020s and high runes you must get rid of them immediately or you will suffer. It's not a happy thing, but you have to deal with it with dupers lurking around every corner on b.net.

11. BOMxSherrif

BOMxSherrif Banned

Guess I was wrong. Only the pre 1.10 b duped sojs don't poof.

12. urkel181

urkel181 IncGamers Member

charms and sojs can definately poof... Once i had 7x 32020s poof on me in about an hour, and two sojs have poofed on me.

13. space_loner

so they can poof

as for your list, i guess i shouod clarify my point - by unique items I meant items that are especially powerful or useful : e.g. high poison charms, overpowered magics/rare, SOJs, runes and bugged items. What i meant is that it takes a long time to find an item ID, and a duper cant just dupe every item he has on him that is half decent (tal armor, stormlash, blah)

14. Krushedice

It is Confirmed

I lost another one today, so they poof for sure. Sad as it is today, trading is becoming the absolute pits. Furthermore, If I'm correct, SOJs can't be 'permed' either. I don't want to go into details on how I understand you can perm a duped item or rune, but you can't buy sojs back from an NPC.

15. space_loner

so THAT's how you "perm" :) better not reveal that around here (i honestly never knew)

16. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Ah, in my time with WoW I've forgotten all about problems with duping and poofing.

Just for the record, once again, there is no surefire way to "perm" a duped item. At all. Ever.

That is, unless you use my tried and true method: spread chicken blood in a circle around your computer, drop the item on the ground in the Chaos Sanctuary within 15 seconds of killing Diablo for the quest in hell mode, and dance an Irish jig around the circle of chicken blood for 1 full minute. Your item will be permed until the next time you enter a game, at which point you will have to repeat the process.

17. wdjFreshest

wdjFreshest Banned

It CAN'T be against the rules to tell you how to perm things.. If it is I don't know how helping people is so wrong.. You just open the trade screen before exiting a game and nothing goes *poof* as you all so clearly pointed out. I get rid of all my stuff that I trade *high runes/sojs* and get whatever I can. I hate sojs and runes.. This game gets old after you lose all of your *tradable**things*

18. Spheron

Spheron IncGamers Member

Is it forbidden to explain to me what 'perming' is? I have some sojs, runewords (1 enigma, 1 cta and 1 hoto), and I dont want them to 'poof' or whatever... (poof is a funny word imho :p )

I don't want to lose my things when I have done so much trouble (mephi runs, pit runs for tradeable items) for it...

-Spheron

19. Krushedice

DrunkCajun-- wow long time no see (WoW must be as good as they say it is !) msg me-- I have a couple of questions for you.

As for the 'perming' question. RPGForums does not support or sanction discussion about things that are against bnet rules and regulations. As perming duped or illegitimate items is essentially breaking the rules, mods are rightfully so a little sensitive about this. This is why you don't hear much discussion about maphack, botting or other less than 'legit' discussion points.

20. Spheron

Spheron IncGamers Member

Ok, so can u guys give me a clue where they do discuss about it? I care for the knowledge of knowing it because of my reply above...

I don't want to provoke anything here, but imho it's legal to tell where they do give information about it, right?

-Spheron

ps: If you guys don't want to answer my question, it's ok with me. No harm done