Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do Rainbow Facets stack?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Tengu, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

Do Rainbow Facets stack?

Yeah, the topic says it all...

So basically, if i've got like 3 poison Rainbow Facets on my equipment, and they all are "lvl 51 poison nova when you die" and then i die, does my death release three lvl 51 poison novas?

2. anonymite

anonymite IncGamers Member

My guess is the percentages stack, so you get a 300% chance of releasing poison nova.

3. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

So if that is true, there is no mind in collecting as many 5/5 "when you die" poison facets, right? I mean, isn't 100% just as good as 300% ?

4. Feydr

Feydr IncGamers Member

You're right Tengu, you'd better look for a "when lvlup" if you want more safety. The charges doesent stack no.

5. core1000

core1000 IncGamers Member

They can't answer your question, they're newbies...
    In my opinion, different facets on your bodywear will release different Elemental attacks upon death.
    The newbies above think that Level-Up Facets are better than Death Facets.
    Let me tell you die more than you level up in Diablo II LOD. LOL

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Since it's the percentage chance that stacks, you can get at most 4 effects on death or on level-up from these jewels.

Also, since those skills do rather low damage, they aren't really all that great (unless you have the appropriate Mastery ability to boost them, which will only happen if you're a Sorc). The really handy mods are the -resist/+skill damage, IMO.

7. core1000

core1000 IncGamers Member

Provided that it hits the player or monster who killed you. That would be vengeance.

8. Tengu

Tengu IncGamers Member

Yeah, i know, i mean, how much use does lvl 90-something char have for a "when you level up" jewel :)

But you don't have to be so mean ;)

Currently playing my venomancer, gonna level him up from 90 to... who knows.. Never had to do this much planning on my mages in 1.09...

I was just thinking, that because only one poison nove is released (?), there is no sense in buying 5/5 "when you die" poison facets, 'cause the 5/5 "when you lvl up" ones are cheaper.. Just gotta make sure i got one "when you die" on my equipment..

Obviously i'm going to socket only poison facets, because wtf would i do with +5% say cold damage :lol:

And yes, i know that the poison nova etc aren't really gonna do any damage, but hey, had to ask to clear it up. The only reason i use the damn jewels is for the - to enemy resist and +to skill damage.

Another thing - do synergies on my skill tree affect the released poison nova? Do i calculate it as a lvl 51 poison nova + synergies from pd an pe? And do the -enemy resist and +to poison skill damage on my equipment affect it? 'Cause that would do a decent amount of dmg, if it worked that way :D

9. Feydr

Feydr IncGamers Member

Well, exactly, but There just isnt any point in having 5 poison deatch facets, the poison nova would only spawn once anyway. But I agree with the fact that lvlup jewels arent as nice as deaths, but if you have 1 death facet of a certain mastery thats enough.

I dont think they would get synergies from anything though, cus you're kinda dead at that time..... Its kinda in the word.... after each death....

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I am under the impression that the "%chance to cast items" do infact add in the Synergies, as do the "x/x charged items".

11. Feydr

Feydr IncGamers Member

That doesent make sense, you're dead... =P. I do agree on the fact that it would have been cool, but you are dead so...

12. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I was refering to in general. The facets also have an on lvl up cast as well. but CTC in general should count synergies.

13. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

I'm wondering also about synergies and death facets.

I sorta tested myself, and it became apparent that your skills dont effect the death spell.
    I have a blizzard sorc, who has one "blizzard on death" facet on her. Her synergies and cold mastery are enough that the blizzard on death should absolutely kill almost anyone in one hit, or do very significant dmg. But it doesnt, and knowing that, i think these release charges are stand alone.

14. Dewey115

Dewey115 IncGamers Member

It is pretty much accepted and known that CTC is not in any way affected by synergies or your +skills or anything like that. chance to cast lvl 51 poison nova means exactly that, you have a chance to cast lvl 51 poison nova. Not lvl 51+skills with synergies poison nova.

Dewey